Re: AW: [LinuxRMS] APRS Beacon

  • Marco Di Martino (IW2OHX)
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008
      Hi Hans,

      yes my IW2OHX-10 is registered (or was registered).
      I used Telpac for two years without any problem.

      But no problem.. I can do registration again.
      I'm going to read better INSTALLATION file.

      I'll keep update.

      Marco

      Hans-Juergen Barthen ha scritto:

      > Hi all!
      >
      > Sorry, it took some time today until I could answer.
      > I just came back from a meeting on another part of our hobby.
      > As far as I saw on my emails Brian was able to fix all open issues with
      > compilation and installation last night.
      >
      > I had a look to this missing APRS messages and table entries:
      >
      > I see DB0FHN-9 at findu.com.
      > Micha, did you change anything?
      > Did you change the crontab-entry for rmsgw_aci from the old name to
      > the new?
      > Or did it just take some time until it worked?
      >
      > Marco, your issue seems to be different.
      > Did you ever register IW2OHX?
      > Did you get a password and a keycode from the Winlink team?
      > (don't tell it here, but do you have any?)
      >
      > This callsign is not officially registered and not authorized.
      > At least I do not find it in the Winlink authorization database.
      > ... maybe my tool is not working ok, it is just a quick hack for test, but
      > it worked with all tested callsigns.
      >
      > If you did not register yet please find the registration information
      > in the
      > INSTALLATION file
      > that we delivered with rmsgw.
      > Currently you can not really recognize this issue, parts of the
      > software may
      > even work.
      > In future we will bring up a warning message if there is no valid
      > authorization.
      >
      > Registration is free and easy, it costs you just an email.
      >
      > 73 de Hans, DL5DI
      >
      > > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

      ---
      Marco Di Martino
      Via Attimo, 18 - Bollate (MI)
      Cell. +393285373364
      e-mail: iw2ohx@...
      www.marcodimartino.it
      -
      Amateur Radio: I W 2 O H X
      Homepage: www.iw2ohx.net
      Ampr Hostname: iw2ohx.ampr.org
      Ampr IP: 44.134.160.78 - 44.134.160.79
      LinuxNode: telnet://gw.iw2ohx.net/
      Jnos: telnet://gw.iw2ohx.net:4001/
      (X)net: telnet://gw.iw2ohx.net:4002/
      NET/ROM: BOLNET:IW2OHX; OHXNOS:IW2OHX-4
      Packet Mail : IW2OHX @ IW2OHX.ILOM.ITA.EU
      ---
    • Marco Di Martino (IW2OHX)
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008
        Ok registration request sent.
        My Linux RMS IW2OHX-10 was an old Telpac Linux registered.
        It's curious why my entry is unknown.

        The beacon was sent till two days ago:

        Position of IW2OHX-10 --- 7.5 miles northwest of MILAN (MILANO), ITALY
        --- Report received 1 days 17 hours 9 minutes 20 seconds ago
        WINLINK>APWL2K,TCPIP*,qAC,T2POLNW:;IW2OHX-10*300210z4533.7 NW00907.5
        Ea436.662MHz 9600b R21m RMSPacket Public

        Thanks for support
        Marco

        Marco Di Martino (IW2OHX) ha scritto:
        > Hi Hans,
        >
        > yes my IW2OHX-10 is registered (or was registered).
        > I used Telpac for two years without any problem.
        >
        > But no problem.. I can do registration again.
        > I'm going to read better INSTALLATION file.
        >
        > I'll keep update.
        >
        > Marco
        >

        > Hans-Juergen Barthen ha scritto:
        >
        >> Hi all!
        >>
        >> Sorry, it took some time today until I could answer.
        >> I just came back from a meeting on another part of our hobby.
        >> As far as I saw on my emails Brian was able to fix all open issues with
        >> compilation and installation last night.
        >>
        >> I had a look to this missing APRS messages and table entries:
        >>
        >> I see DB0FHN-9 at findu.com.
        >> Micha, did you change anything?
        >> Did you change the crontab-entry for rmsgw_aci from the old name to
        >> the new?
        >> Or did it just take some time until it worked?
        >>
        >> Marco, your issue seems to be different.
        >> Did you ever register IW2OHX?
        >> Did you get a password and a keycode from the Winlink team?
        >> (don't tell it here, but do you have any?)
        >>
        >> This callsign is not officially registered and not authorized.
        >> At least I do not find it in the Winlink authorization database.
        >> ... maybe my tool is not working ok, it is just a quick hack for test, but
        >> it worked with all tested callsigns.
        >>
        >> If you did not register yet please find the registration information
        >> in the
        >> INSTALLATION file
        >> that we delivered with rmsgw.
        >> Currently you can not really recognize this issue, parts of the
        >> software may
        >> even work.
        >> In future we will bring up a warning message if there is no valid
        >> authorization.
        >>
        >> Registration is free and easy, it costs you just an email.
        >>
        >> 73 de Hans, DL5DI
        >>

        >>> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

        >>> Micha
        >>> DD2MIC