WRT-54?

  • w6msu
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 20, 2008
      Howdy,

      The $64 question (or, at least $49.95) is anyone
      trying OpenWRT Linux? RMS' MySQL requirements look
      pretty large.

      TIA.

      73,
      Guy W6MSU
    • Bill Vodall WA7NWP
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 23, 2008
        > The $64 question (or, at least $49.95) is anyone
        > trying OpenWRT Linux? RMS' MySQL requirements look
        > pretty large.

        How about on a NSLU2 with Debian installed on a thumb drive?

        http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/

        Bill - WA7NWP
      • w6msu
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 24, 2008
          Bill,

          Thanks. I have a WRT54 running dd-wrt and it shows
          plenty of free resources. There's a ham who sells
          them just like that on eBay, but also offers them
          modified for an SD card and serial i/o for a TNC.

          I have RMS running on a computer. I can put a wireless
          router in the county's EOC, can't bring a computer in.
          HI HI

          73,
          Guy - W6MSU

          -- In LinuxRMS@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Vodall WA7NWP" <wa7nwp@...>
          wrote:

          > > The $64 question (or, at least $49.95) is anyone
          > > trying OpenWRT Linux? RMS' MySQL requirements look
          > > pretty large.
          >

          > How about on a NSLU2 with Debian installed on a thumb drive?
          >
          > http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/
          >
          > Bill - WA7NWP

        • Chris Kantarjiev
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 23, 2008
            --- In LinuxRMS@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Vodall WA7NWP" <wa7nwp@...> wrote:

            > > The $64 question (or, at least $49.95) is anyone
            > > trying OpenWRT Linux? RMS' MySQL requirements look
            > > pretty large.
            >

            > How about on a NSLU2 with Debian installed on a thumb drive?
            >
            > http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/

            Well ... I just finished getting that far :-) I don't have a Debian
            environment in which to cross-compile all the other stuff that's
            needed ... anyone want to collaborate?

            73 de chris K6DBG
          • Jordan Hayes KG6UAE
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 24, 2008
              > The $64 question (or, at least $49.95) is anyone
              > trying OpenWRT Linux? RMS' MySQL requirements look
              > pretty large.

              Once you compile and link everything, you can get rid of most of the
              contents of the package. The shared library is only 2MB.

              /jordan