WinMOR for Linux

  • garrett_brass
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2012
      I'm a new member and I'm not yet up to speed. I have been a Linux (UBUNTU 10.04) user for some time now. I'm also a ham. I am planning a long, blue-water sailing cruise and I have an Icom M710 Marine Radio which can also operate on the ham bands. I have an Icom AT130 tuner and will use an insulated backstay antenna. I do not want to buy an SCS PACTOR modem. It would cost as much as my whole rig.

      I have just (last night) spent a couple of hours loading WinXP onto my computer so that I will be able to run WinMOR through my Tigertronics sound card. But now I gather that WinMOR is coming to Linux!!! I took a peek at the OpenMOR site on Source Forge but nothing seems ready yet -- no downloads. What is the current state of LinuxRMS? Can someone put up a post that will help bring newbies like me up to speed on what is going on and how soon we will be able to throw the Window out the window?

      Thanks and 73, Garry AK4NA
    • C Schuman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2012
        Garrett,
        Linux RMS Gate is the server side of the process.
        For the most part is accessed via UHF/VHF frequencies.

        There is some work being done to port the Client apps from Win to Linux.
        A Google Search should lead you to these packages.

        73
        <<Charley>>
        k4gbb