Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: To Do List

  • Derek Taubert
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 21, 2004
      I didn't run rpm on the box, as I knew the available packages would have
      incompatibilities. I picked out certain files with rpm2cpio | cpio -i and
      just copied them over.

      I'm almost done with a cross compiler, but I need some standard include
      files for the OS/platform. Wish they would have provided these in the GPL
      zip. Will try to pluck them out of a linux dist...

      Derek

      On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 01:32:10AM -0000, Thom Mason wrote:
      > Derek,
      >
      > What was involved in getting rpm up and running?
      >
      > Thom
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Derek Taubert
      > <taubert@g...> wrote:
      > > I've been working on 2/3. I picked up a new binutils and gcc-
      > 2.59.3
      > > (that's the version used to build the kernel, although Buffalo
      > seems to
      > > have used the MontaVista commercial toolset) and should have a
      > cross
      > > compiler working soon. I could roll a native compiler from this
      > easily.
      > >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Derek Taubert
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 21, 2004
        On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 06:58:15PM -0700, Derek Taubert wrote:

        > I didn't run rpm on the box, as I knew the available packages would have
        > incompatibilities. I picked out certain files with rpm2cpio | cpio -i and
        > just copied them over.
        >
        > I'm almost done with a cross compiler, but I need some standard include
        > files for the OS/platform. Wish they would have provided these in the GPL
        > zip. Will try to pluck them out of a linux dist...

        Err, looks like I can get them out of the glibc rpm from the GPL zip.
        Setting up a cross system to handle these GPL rpms is a bit of work. Lots
        of custom stuff in those spec files...

        Derek

        > Derek
        >

        > On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 01:32:10AM -0000, Thom Mason wrote:
        > > Derek,
        > >
        > > What was involved in getting rpm up and running?
        > >
        > > Thom
        > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Derek Taubert
        > > <taubert@g...> wrote:
        > > > I've been working on 2/3. I picked up a new binutils and gcc-
        > > 2.59.3
        > > > (that's the version used to build the kernel, although Buffalo
        > > seems to
        > > > have used the MontaVista commercial toolset) and should have a
        > > cross
        > > > compiler working soon. I could roll a native compiler from this
        > > easily.
        > > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Matthew Flint
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 22, 2004
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Thom Mason"
          <t.e.mason@c...> wrote:
          > Here's a stab at things that might be worthwhile to explore:
          > 8) etc...
          >
          > Please chime in with ideas.

          - Kernel support for other USB devices, such as 802.11b/g adapters.

          - routing functions (so can be used as a cheap wireless router)

          - a WiKi hosted somewhere, lest we start losing good information in
          the Yahoo group

          Matthew