LinkStation 250G issues after firmware update 1.45_13?

  • hyeung288
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2005

      I recently updated from 1.43 to 1.45_13.
      For the folk that have performed the 1.45_13 update. Can i just
      confirm if the following features are suppose to work, as i am still
      have issues with (Also had the same issues with 1.43. I was hoping
      this update would fix them).

      1) USB devices - I tried plugging in a USB flash disk device (128MB
      stick). Unfortunately it doesnt seem to work!? I have checked
      the "USB Details" and it has picked it up. Within "USB Setup" it has
      been enabled as a shared folder & recycle bin is disabled. I
      expected to get "usbdisk1" as a shared folder appear...but this does
      not happen!??? Checked "Security->Shared Folder Settings" and it
      does not appear. I then thought i'd had to first format the USB
      flash disk before i can access it. So i'd expected to see "usbdisk1"
      within the drop down list within "Maintenance->Disk Format and Disk
      Scan", but again i do not see this?
      I get the same with version 1.43. I was hoping this was fixed on
      1.45_13. Can someone please confirm if this functionality works or
      not? As i'm unsure if i'm doing something wrong here?

      2) The other issue i have so far is regarding FTP setup.
      I have the following:
      a) guestuser created
      b) public folder created
      c) guest group contains guestuser.
      d) "Shared Folder Settings->Access Restriction" with guest group
      only on the public folder.
      With this setup i find that cannot ftp using guestuser. But i find i
      can access with guestuser via a network map drive?

      To get ftp working i have to add the guestuser within the "Shared
      Folder Settings->Access Restriction".
      I would have thought that adding the group would be sufficent as it
      contains the user...and not having the add the user as well. Whats
      the point in having groups!?

      Can anyone please confirm the above on version 1.45_13
      Or any fixes would be even better?

      Cheers,
      Hung