FIles added ; Configuring samba for the LS

  • chano22000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2005

      As the LS web admin interface does not allow fine configuration of
      samba, I have written a set of scripts that give full control of
      samba configuration while not interfering with global LS mechanisms.

      I just uploaded them in the Files section.

      The samba custom file provided as an example is a template I use in
      order to solve some LS limitations like :
      - keep the windows 9x files attributes (hidden, archive, read-only,
      system)
      - have shares which can be read by anyone but writable by authorized
      users only
      - rename and comment the printer share
      - suppress the info share
      - have the external USB disk shared (in order to be used by backup
      agents running on the networked PCs) while LS backups (which
      contains restricted access shares) can be accessed and restored only
      by the LS admin.
      - ...

      Same approach can be used for customizing the ftp configuration
      (proftpd.conf).

      Hope this will help.