ftp problems

  • Marc Bizer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2005

      I had a backup server script running on a separate computer perform
      backups from two Retrospect clients to the Linkstation. I've decided
      upon a simpler set where each former client will run its own copy of
      Retrospect Desktop; however, I want each of the two computers to back
      up to the same individual backup set as before. I copied the catalog
      files from the computer that originally ran the backup server scripts
      to each respective former client computer and installed Retrospect
      Desktop on each one and configured the backup sets. However, I'm
      completely unable to access the backup sets: Retrospect just hangs
      trying to log into the ftp server.

      The same thing happens when I try to create a new internet backup set
      using the NAS device. But I can log in via ftp using an ftp client
      just fine!

      Any ideas?

      Thanks,
      Marc