dyndns

  • Cornel_Babel
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2005
      Hi all,

      does anybody installes something for manageing dyndns on the
      linkstation? My router doesn´t support dyndns, so I want to install it
      on the linkstation.

      Thanks, Cornel
    • Thom Mason
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2005
        If you have perl 5.8 (see earlier messages on this list) the ddclient
        works just fine
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Cornel_Babel"
        <cornel.babel@g...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > does anybody installes something for manageing dyndns on the
        > linkstation? My router doesn�t support dyndns, so I want to install it
        > on the linkstation.
        >
        > Thanks, Cornel
      • ianlawton68
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005
          After a bit of tweaking and the latest perl update I got eponym to
          work on my linkstation and its quite good:

          http://nodivisions.com/software/eponym/

          I can give you instructions on setting it up if you need them.

          Ian

          <cornel.babel@g...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > does anybody installes something for manageing dyndns on the
          > linkstation? My router doesn´t support dyndns, so I want to install
          it
          > on the linkstation.
          >
          > Thanks, Cornel
        • James S Stubbs
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005
            Hi Ian,

            I would certainly appreciate some additional instructions on setting
            this up.

            Perhaps you could add to the groups How To section.

            Many thanks & Best wishes.

            James.