Re: Replacing the original hard disk on the Linkstation

  • thomascarlitz
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2005
      Hello,
      i used Norton Ghost to make an Harddisk Image Copy of the originial
      Linkstation harddisk (120GB).

      I used than an old Seagate 1.7GB Harddisk and this image.

      Worked perfect.

      regards,
      Thomas

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "duncankh" <duncan888@h...
      > wrote:
      >
      > I have tried to search through the post, but i cant find exact steps
      > on replacing the hard disk.
      > I am very new to all of this and don't want to render my Linkstation
      > useless. Would it be possible for some one to give a brief guide on
      > how to upgrade the hard disk. (creating the partitions etc, not
      > taking the box apart) Would be much appriciated.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "chano22000"
      > <philippe.deysine@l...> wrote:
      > >
      > > According to hdparm -i the internal drive for my 250GB LS is a
      > > WD2500BB-55GUA0.
      > > The related Western Digital documentation states 7200 rpm and 2Mo
      > > cache.
      > > The max ATA interface speed is 100MB/s (UDMA mode 5)(and is the
      > mode
      > > run by the LS).

      > > Regards.
    • Joe Giordano
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2005
        1) So you opened up the linkstation.
        2) inserted it into the pc.
        3) Did a disk (original linkstation) to disk (backup
        1.7 seagate) copy
        4) Then the 1.7gb seagate to a much larger disk than
        the orig?

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250