Re: Replacing the original hard disk on the Linkstation

  • duncankh
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2005
      I have tried to search through the post, but i cant find exact steps
      on replacing the hard disk.
      I am very new to all of this and don't want to render my Linkstation
      useless. Would it be possible for some one to give a brief guide on
      how to upgrade the hard disk. (creating the partitions etc, not
      taking the box apart) Would be much appriciated.

      Thanks

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "chano22000"
      <philippe.deysine@l...> wrote:

      > According to hdparm -i the internal drive for my 250GB LS is a
      > WD2500BB-55GUA0.
      > The related Western Digital documentation states 7200 rpm and 2Mo
      > cache.
      > The max ATA interface speed is 100MB/s (UDMA mode 5)(and is the
      mode
      > run by the LS).

      > Regards.
    • thomascarlitz
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2005
        Hello,
        i used Norton Ghost to make an Harddisk Image Copy of the originial
        Linkstation harddisk (120GB).

        I used than an old Seagate 1.7GB Harddisk and this image.

        Worked perfect.

        regards,
        Thomas

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "duncankh" <duncan888@h...
        > wrote:
        >
        > I have tried to search through the post, but i cant find exact steps
        > on replacing the hard disk.
        > I am very new to all of this and don't want to render my Linkstation
        > useless. Would it be possible for some one to give a brief guide on
        > how to upgrade the hard disk. (creating the partitions etc, not
        > taking the box apart) Would be much appriciated.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "chano22000"
        > <philippe.deysine@l...> wrote:
        > >
        > > According to hdparm -i the internal drive for my 250GB LS is a
        > > WD2500BB-55GUA0.
        > > The related Western Digital documentation states 7200 rpm and 2Mo
        > > cache.
        > > The max ATA interface speed is 100MB/s (UDMA mode 5)(and is the
        > mode
        > > run by the LS).

        > > Regards.
      • Joe Giordano
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 7, 2005
          1) So you opened up the linkstation.
          2) inserted it into the pc.
          3) Did a disk (original linkstation) to disk (backup
          1.7 seagate) copy
          4) Then the 1.7gb seagate to a much larger disk than
          the orig?

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250