Linkstation Support from Buffalo

  • Paul Milligan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2005
      Is there anything we could do to improve Buffalo's (absent) technical
      support. There is little of use posted on any of their various
      websites. If I go to Japan and translate (badly) the site contents it
      states that the 1.45 firmware fixes a problem with XP-SP2 operation
      of the recycle bin. Should this not be posted as a general fix?

      There is also a new version 1.05 of Easy Backup which again lists
      compatibility with XP-SP2.

      Their version control is also no existent. There have been 3 url's
      posted for 1.45 firmware and each version has a different size and
      checksum, but all list as version 1.45.

      Does anyone from Buffalo follow this forum, perhaps they could raise
      the issue with their support management.

      Regards
    • Joe Giordano
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2005
        Buffalo Support is horrendous, when I first got my
        linkstation it took them 11 days to tell me the
        firmware I was using was broken and to update it...

        If I didn't find this group I would have returned it
        the next day.

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo