Re: Backup Software - PC to LinkStation

  • Steve Lemke
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
      David wrote:
      > On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 11:52:58AM -0000, bubba wrote:
      >> I'd like to use software (on my PC or LinkStation) to synchronise the
      >> contents of my LinkStation with a hard drive on my PC, ideally on a
      >> weekly
      >> basis. Does anyone know of any software that I can use to achieve
      >> this?
      >
      > I do this using rsync running on my PC under cygwin.

      I use FileSync to keep ~35GB of mp3 files in sync between my PC and the
      LinkStation. It's a great program with a GUI rather than command-line
      interface that shows you exactly what's going to happen before you hit
      "go". <http://www.fileware.com/>
    • sneed_siding
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
        I use HandyBackup from www.handybackup.com.
        It is very versatile in the types of backups/syncs
        it can do (for example zip archives, dated copies,
        encryption, backup to ftp). HB also has a well-done
        GUI and backup tasks can be scheduled. In addition,
        it is easy to invoke defined backups using a command-
        line interface.
      • bubba
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2005
          Thanks for all the recommendations! I'll try a few different methods out to
          see what works best, but from first glance, it seems Handy Backup might just
          do the trick.