Wireless Access To LinkStation - Speed Increase?

  • bubba
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2005

      I currently access my LinkStation over a 54g wifi connection, which is OK,
      but I'd like things to zip along a little faster! Would upgrading my router
      to one of the new, faster protocols help? Would the LinkStation be able to
      keep up?

      cheers,

      bub
    • Andrew Hodgson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2005

        FWIW, I have a new access point capable of doing 108 MBPS with a compatible wireless card. You would only get 100MBPS through the Linkstation (assuming the infrustructure supports 100mbps), however, I have found it slightly faster than the 54G point I had previously.

        Andrew.