Re: problem installing mt-daapd .0.2.0

  • Steve Lemke
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2005
      Thom Mason wrote:
      > I'm running the Dec. 30 version on my Linkstation. The compressed
      > song info transfer actually increases time for my 3600 song library
      > slightly. This was what broke the Dec 29 version compile on the
      > linkstation. The Dec. 30 tarball is a straightforward make install.

      OK, so it wasn't just me. :-)

      I timed the earlier (December) build at 35 seconds, and timed the 12/30
      build at over 40 seconds. I thought it seemed odd that turning on
      compression would do this.

      Has anyone looked at the code changes? Is it compressed on the fly
      (perhaps slowing down the transfer on the LinkStation) and if so,
      wouldn't it make more sense to pre-compress the list when it's built
      after the database scan, such that the incoming list request would
      result in a simple (and hopefully faster) transfer of a pre-built and
      pre-compressed list?
      --Steve