Re: problem installing mt-daapd .0.2.0

  • Thom Mason
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
      I'm running the Dec. 30 version on my Linkstation. The compressed
      song info transfer actually increases time for my 3600 song library
      slightly. This was what broke the Dec 29 version compile on the
      linkstation. The Dec. 30 tarball is a straightforward make install.
      You can also get the ogg support working by building the ogg vorbis
      libraries. I also got the flac libraries working (although mt-daapd
      doesn't yet support). This proved more difficult since flac 1.1.1 has
      a bug the breaks ppc compilation - you need to get the cvs version
      (which means building cvs along with newer versions of automake,
      autoconf, libtool, iconv and gettext).

      In any event the Dec. 30 version works just fine including static
      playlists and I would recommend anyone using a Linkstation use that.
      A stable 2.1 release is just around the corner.

      Thom

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Ingo Fechtel <Ingo@f...>

    • e_matibag
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Steve Lemke <steve@l...>
        wrote:
        > "e_matibag" <rhinoed@a...> wrote:
        >
        > > when installing mt-daapd, it looks like it errors out.
        > > I check to see if it is running by confirming using "ps -A" and
        list
        > > no mt-daapd running
        > >
        > > here is the last lines of install message.
        > >
        > > /opt/mt-daapd-0.2.0/src/db-gdbm.c:1184: relocation truncated to
        fit:
        > > R_PPC_REL24
        > > pthread_rwlock_rdlock
        > > /opt/mt-daapd-0.2.0/src/db-gdbm.c:1221: undefined reference to
        > > `pthread_rwlock_u
        > > nlock'
        > > /opt/mt-daapd-0.2.0/src/db-gdbm.c:1221: relocation truncated to
        fit:
        > > R_PPC_REL24
        > > pthread_rwlock_unlock
        > > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
        > > make[2]: *** [mt-daapd] Error 1
        > > make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/opt/mt-daapd-0.2.0/src'
        > > make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
        > > make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/opt/mt-daapd-0.2.0/src'
        > > make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
        > >
        > > Does anyone know what means?
        >
        > Not sure. I just installed it and it worked fine, though if you
        look
        > in the archives from this month you'll see a message I posted with
        > bunch of feedback on how the instructions might be improved
        somewhat.

        > Are you sure you downloaded and properly unpacked all of the
        required
        > tar files?
        >
        > It looks like you're using mt-daapd version 0.2.0 (the "stable"
        > release). Looking at http://mt-daapd.sourceforge.net it appears
        there
        > is a newer 0.2.1-pre2 dev release (from 11/26). The version I
        > downloaded just happened to be the latest and greatest from CVS
        (since
        > I built this before realizing there were older "stable" releases
        > available). So, the version I'm running is cvs-20041207.
        >
        > Interestingly, it looks like on 12/29, compressed song info
        transfer
        > was added (something I noticed was definitely lacking in previous
        > versions with my 800+ CD collection), and on 12/30 some fixes were
        made
        > for building on the LinkStation (perhaps broken on 12/29 since the
        > 12/07 build worked fine on my Linkstation).
        >
        > Anyone else running the 12/30 build or later?
        >
        > Also, has anyone else "updated" to a newer mt-daapd after already
        > installing and building? Is there anything tricky to know? Do I
        just
        > download it, unpack it, and "make install" like before?
        >
        > Happy New Year to all...
        > --Steve

        Yes, I installed the all the required pacakages. Autoconf
        automake
        binutils
        bison
        glex
        g++
        gcc
        gdb
        glibc
        libgdbm
        libstdc
        m4
        make
        testutils
        I obtained these packages from revogear's website.
        installed from the root. My /usr is syslinked to /mnt/usr as not to
        fill up the root directory.

        it looks like a lpthread configurtion problem. being a newbie at
        linux. How does one that get fixed?
        would sysmlink cause that problem?
      • Steve Lemke
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2005
          Thom Mason wrote:
          > I'm running the Dec. 30 version on my Linkstation. The compressed
          > song info transfer actually increases time for my 3600 song library
          > slightly. This was what broke the Dec 29 version compile on the
          > linkstation. The Dec. 30 tarball is a straightforward make install.

          OK, so it wasn't just me. :-)

          I timed the earlier (December) build at 35 seconds, and timed the 12/30
          build at over 40 seconds. I thought it seemed odd that turning on
          compression would do this.

          Has anyone looked at the code changes? Is it compressed on the fly
          (perhaps slowing down the transfer on the LinkStation) and if so,
          wouldn't it make more sense to pre-compress the list when it's built
          after the database scan, such that the incoming list request would
          result in a simple (and hopefully faster) transfer of a pre-built and
          pre-compressed list?
          --Steve