Re: Newbie question about updating firmware

  • Hans-Göran Puke
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2004
      OK, since nobody replied, I took the chance and just took the update.
      For the benefit of other newbies, here is my experience:

      1. The contents of the harddisk remained the same after the upgrade
      2. All settings were preserved
      3. I didn't have to connect the Linkstation directly to the PC as
      other posts have suggested, the updater found the Linkstation and
      updated it anyway. All I had to do was to temporarily turn off the
      software firewall in the PC that initiated the upgrade.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Hans-Göran Puke