Re: multithread FTP working (ex: unfs3 for gFTP client) ?

  • 7tronics Plc, M Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 10, 2004
      Poorly worded post, what I meant was:

      Looking for performance enhancement over ftp, has anyone tried porting
      or measuring a multi-threaded ftp server such as unfs3 to map with a
      multi-threaded ftp client such as gFTP ( http://gftp.seul.org/ ) ?

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "7tronics Plc, M Smith"
      <k6fu3vphnqo350t@s...> wrote:

      > Looking for performance enhancement over ftp, has anyone tried porting
      > a multi-threaded ftp server such as gFTP ( http://gftp.seul.org/ ) ?
      >
      > Key appears to be the support for pthreads or Linux threads. Don't see
      > anything in the KuroBox libraries, but this is an area that is new
      to me.

      > Cheers de Mark @ 7tronics
    • dtaub001
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 11, 2004
        <jronald@c...> wrote:
        > Here is another source for binaries that will work on the linkstation.
        >
        > http://www.kurobox.com/downloads/
        >
        > Check out the binary.zip file. It contains some of the more common
        > packages that are standard on the Kuro box.
        >
        > JR

        What a find! Not only do the apps integrate perfectly, but the full
        source is available, including gcc. I'm pretty sure that this is the
        exact gcc that was used to build the Linkstation kernel/libs/apps (it
        matches the uname output and has the ppc DWARF support that was
        missing from the 2.95.3 base), so we should be able to build/modify
        the kernel with ease.

        Thanks!

        FWIW, the distribution appears to use /usr/sbin/initdconfig to control
        the rc configs. Give "/usr/sbin/initdconfig --list" a try...

        Derek