Firmware upgrade in VirtualPC?

  • bupkisxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2004
      Is it possible to upgrade the firmware on the linkstation on a mac running Virtual PC?

      Steve
    • artofmusic
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 22, 2004
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "bupkisxx" <bupkisxx@y...> wrote:

        > Is it possible to upgrade the firmware on the linkstation on a mac running Virtual PC?
        >
        > Steve

        Definitively yes!

        You MUST connect the LS directly to the ehernet port of your Mac - no router, no WiFi.
        You MUST set your windoze network to a manual IP in the same subnet as the LS, e.g.
        192.168.11.151. No internet, no DHCP.

        Then the firmware upgrade will succeed. It took about 6 minutes on a 1,33GHz
        Powerbook.
      • Marc Bizer
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 22, 2004
          On 12/22/04 at 10:14 AM +0000, artofmusic wrote:
          >Definitively yes!
          >
          >You MUST connect the LS directly to the ehernet port of your Mac -
          >no router, no WiFi.
          >You MUST set your windoze network to a manual IP in the same subnet
          >as the LS, e.g.
          >192.168.11.151. No internet, no DHCP.
          >
          >Then the firmware upgrade will succeed. It took about 6 minutes on a 1,33GHz
          >Powerbook.

          That's great news. Buffalo tech support told me that the firmware
          upgrade wouldn't work with VirtualPC!

          --Marc
        • Art Age
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 22, 2004