Can't connect via telnet

  • emarinuk
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2011
      Hi all,

      I just started playing with a Linkstation Duo LS-WTGL/R1-V3 Firmware 3.09 and it is refusing telnet conenction.

      Firewall's open for port 23.

      Am I missing something here?

      Thanks,

    • Rusty Haddock
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 20, 2011
        emarinuk wrote:
        >Hi all,
        >
        >I just started playing with a Linkstation Duo LS-WTGL/R1-V3
        >Firmware 3.09 and it is refusing telnet conenction.
        >
        >Firewall's open for port 23.
        >
        >Am I missing something here?

        Is there a telnet daemon running or is port 23 listened to by the
        xinetd daemon?

        -Rusty-
        --
        _____ Rusty Haddock <=> AE5AE
        |\/ o \ o Way out yonder in the
        | ( -< O o Van Alstyne (TX) Metropolitan Area
        |/\__V__/ Math illiteracy affects 7 out of 5 people!
      • emarinuk
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 21, 2011
          I donot think so, but I do not know how to be 100% sure.

          How can I know that?