Linkstation Quad

  • A Concerned American Citizen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2011
      I am hoping that someone on this forum can help me.
      I think I actually have two issues, but need advise.

      I have an 8TB LinkStation Quad with 4-2TB drives in RAID = 6TB.
      I have it set up into 2 shares of 3TB each.
      I currently have two 3TB WD External Drives on a PogoPlug on the network that I sync with the LS shares, because I can not get them recognized by the LS Quad.

      I am a paranoid backup person, so my data goes like this:
      Working drives in desktop -> Shares on LS Quad -> 3TB drives
      I am trying to mount the 3TB drives to the LS Quad and be able to get rid of the PogoPlug, because it is a pain and requires special drivers and junk.

      My two questions:
      1) Has anybody gotten the 8 USB drives mod to work on a Linkstation Quad with firmware 1.11?
      2) Is there any way to mod the LS Quad to accept 3 TB drive? I am open to loading an OpenNAS or similar, but they do not appear to work with 4TB drives either.