How Big Can i Go?

  • Faton
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2010
      I have a HS-DH500GL with a 500gb hard drive. I've been looking around the net to find out how big of a hard drive i can replace the current one with but can't find anything. Anyone have any links they can share?? Or know what to look for when buying a hard drive??
    • massimo
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2010
        Hi, I put a 1.5Tb Samsung hd in it but there is a guy who installed a Seagate 2T. Check previous messages.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Faton" <fatonuseni@...> wrote:

        > I have a HS-DH500GL with a 500gb hard drive. I've been looking around the net to find out how big of a hard drive i can replace the current one with but can't find anything. Anyone have any links they can share?? Or know what to look for when buying a hard drive??

      • Hai Nguyen Dang
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2010
          Confirmed, these units supports up to 2TB HDD (most of ARM Buffalo NAS does), however, it has some problem with the WD Blue. Tested with the WD Green, Seagate 2T LP, 7200.12, 7200.11 and some Hitachi, all of them works.

          Rgds,
          DH

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2010
            Thank You! Now to just find a good price on a 2TB drive.

            Faton

            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Hai Nguyen Dang <danghai2k@...> wrote:

            > Confirmed, these units supports up to 2TB HDD (most of ARM Buffalo NAS
            > does), however, it has some problem with the WD Blue. Tested with the WD
            > Green, Seagate 2T LP, 7200.12, 7200.11 and some Hitachi, all of them works.
            >
            > Rgds,
            > DH
            >
            > On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Faton <fatonuseni@...> wrote:
            >

            > > I have a HS-DH500GL with a 500gb hard drive. I've been looking around the
            > > net to find out how big of a hard drive i can replace the current one with
            > > but can't find anything. Anyone have any links they can share?? Or know what
            > > to look for when buying a hard drive??

          • Tim Potter
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 5, 2010
              Faton,

              I don't know where you are in the world, but tigerdirect.com has WD Green 2TB drives for USD $99.

              Regards,

              Tim