Re: [LinkStation_General] New SATA drive going to sleep?

  • Gary Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2010
      I've a NAS Buffalo LinkStation Live HS-DHGL

      I've installed a Western Digital WD5000AAKS drive in the unit and rebuilt the firmware etc etc.

      I've setup shares and can copy data to them. But after about ten minutes I can no longer access the shares. I can still see th4e NAS in the Navigator, and can access the printer, and Info Share, and the Web Client.

      If I reboot the NAS then I can see the shares again, but even when I'm writing data I loose access.

      I think the Western Digital WD5000AAKS is going to sleep and then can't be seen by the NAS itself.

      Do you know if there is a setting the the Web Interface to stop the drive sleeping?

      Can I prevent the WD500AAKS going to sleep?