Re: [LinkStation_General] LinkStation Pro - 300GL - Partition Expansion?

  • Gary Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2009

      I pulled the old drive and put in a new 750gb unit. When I power up the Linkstation Beeps a two tone beep for quite some time and the error light flashes 6 times - i.e. Hard Drive problem.

      I can't see the drive via the Internet Explorer or from the NasNavigator2, how do I reinitialise the new drive. (It currently has no partitions, and I've deleted these via my PC.

      Thanks

      2009/10/6 Andrew Hodgson <andrew@...>

      Hi,

      Probably best to wipe the drive clean and let the firmware upgrade program create the partitions.

      Thanks.

      Andrew.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2009

        Download the firmware upgrade pack for your Linkstation via the Buffalo website.

        Ensure you have DHCP enabled.  When the Linkstation is connected, it should pick up a DHCP address from your router.

        Turn off your Windows firewall and run the upgrade utility.  It should find the Linkstation there.  It may take two times running this to get it working – first for the partition creation and then for the upload of the firmware partition itself.

        I have done this a couple of times and it works ok.

        Thanks.

        Andrew.