Problems Installing Twonkyvision 4.4.11 on Linkstation II (MIPS)

  • william.plowman@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2009
      I used Twonkyvision successfully on my Linkstation for several years. After having to rebuild my Linkstation following a drive failure I installed firefly rather than twonkyvision. I now have a need to run Twonky again.

      I downloaded the NAS installer from Twonky's website (see Link below). It appears to install ok and I can see the twonkymedia processes running. However, I cannot open the web page or connect from my media player (BT Internet Radio). netstat -an shows that the LS is listening on port 9000.

      http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/4.4.11/twonkymedia-linkstation-v2-mipsel-4.4.11-20090108.zip

      - Has anybody else og this working?
      - Have I missed something?
      - Does anybody have an older version of Twonky NAS installer? (I'm sorry I cannot remember which version of Twonky I had running before).

      (Note, I have a key for Twonky).
    • John Euinton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2009
        Hi William,

        I tried Twonky on my LS2 (Mips) and found it worked for several days but then would stop responding. I saw the same - netstat showing that the port was listening. I tried configuring Twonky to use a different port, but it still stopped responding after a few minutes. My LS2 is running OpenLink.

        I have stopped usisng Twonky and no use the freeware MediaTomb. You can get a staically linked binary, ie it runs as-is on the Linkstation - it does not require any shared libraries, from:

        http://mediatomb.cc/pages/download#static

        The LS1 (PPC) file is mediatomb-static-0.11.0-r1-linux-uclibc-ppce300c2.tar.gz and the one for the LS2 (MIPS) is
        mediatomb-static-0.11.0-r2-linux-uclibc-mips2el.tar.gz.

        Regards,
        John

        --
        John Euinton