RE: [LinkStation_General] Replace HD on LS-500GL?

  • Andrew Hodgson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2009

      Have you got the drive in or did you need help with removing the old drive and fitting the new one?

      On the software side, when the new drive was installed (with no partitions/formatting), the Linkstation booted into recovery mode, and usually got an IP address from the DHCP server on the router/DHCP agent running on the network. You then ran the LS Updater a couple of times on the unit, and it reinstalled the OS for you.

      Thanks.
      Andrew.