Replace HD on LS-500GL?

  • Pat Hall
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3 11:21 AM
      I've had a drive crash and it needs to be replaced. Can anyone point me in
      the right direction? Searched the group, but found no results. Thanks!
    • Andrew Hodgson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5 10:50 AM

        Have you got the drive in or did you need help with removing the old drive and fitting the new one?

        On the software side, when the new drive was installed (with no partitions/formatting), the Linkstation booted into recovery mode, and usually got an IP address from the DHCP server on the router/DHCP agent running on the network. You then ran the LS Updater a couple of times on the unit, and it reinstalled the OS for you.

        Thanks.
        Andrew.