Re: 8USB extension

  • keks31977
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
      Thanks for your reply.

      I have done it in the same order like you mentioned. But after the
      installation, all shares in Windows were gone. So I installed the A
      package afterwards again. It seams to work good for two days. I copied
      the some data by using the MC from the internal drive to the 3rd
      USB-drive, without any problems. On the 3rd day the Linkstation only
      blinks and reports that the internal HDD is unformated. But when I
      reflash the original firmware 1.15 all data was on the internal HDD.
      Very strage I think. Now it is working fine with the original FW. But
      I need more than 2 USB drives.

      The following steps I do in root shell:
      ./install_a-version
      ./install_dualdrive_lspro_V1+2_single_drive_use
      ./install_addon
      ./install_a-version

      Equipment:
      Linkstation Pro V2
      1 500 GB drive connected directly to the Linkstation
      2 1TB drives connected via an USB-Hub to the Linkstation

      Can anybody give me a hint, what I have done wrong ?
      Or perhaps can anybody tell me, how I can only change the Linkstation
      to support more than 2 USB drives, without changing other things ?

      Best Regards

      Andreas

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Joel Abelardo"
      <nyarrgh@...> wrote:

      > I am using Firmware 1.15 with the latest dual drive package and it's
      > been stable for the last month. Make sure you follow the
      > instructions carefully, including updating with the "A" packet before
      > the main files and the addons if you need them.
      >

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "keks31977"
      > <hubertus@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi
      > > I have a Linkstation Pro (Firmware 1.15). I would like to use more
      > > than only 2 USB drives with the Linkstation. I have tried the latest
      > > dual_drive package. It works fine the first time, but afterwards my
      > > Linkstation was bricked. So I switch to EM mode and install the
      > > official Firmware 1.15 again. Is there a simple way to keep the
      > > Linkstation stabil and only change the firmware to have the
      > > possibility to connect eg. 3 or 5 USB devices ?
      > > Best Regards
      > > Andreas

    • Joel Abelardo
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2009
        I guess I can't help you much, since I did my install from scratch
        after upgrading my hard drive. I created new Windows shares after
        installing this, so i didn't lose any existing ones.

        <hubertus@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for your reply.
        >
        > I have done it in the same order like you mentioned. But after the
        > installation, all shares in Windows were gone. So I installed the A
        > package afterwards again. It seams to work good for two days. I
        copied
        > the some data by using the MC from the internal drive to the 3rd
        > USB-drive, without any problems. On the 3rd day the Linkstation
        only
        > blinks and reports that the internal HDD is unformated. But when I
        > reflash the original firmware 1.15 all data was on the internal
        HDD.
        > Very strage I think. Now it is working fine with the original FW.
        But
        > I need more than 2 USB drives.
        >
        > The following steps I do in root shell:
        > ./install_a-version
        > ./install_dualdrive_lspro_V1+2_single_drive_use
        > ./install_addon
        > ./install_a-version
        >
        > Equipment:
        > Linkstation Pro V2
        > 1 500 GB drive connected directly to the Linkstation
        > 2 1TB drives connected via an USB-Hub to the Linkstation
        >
        > Can anybody give me a hint, what I have done wrong ?
        > Or perhaps can anybody tell me, how I can only change the
        Linkstation
        > to support more than 2 USB drives, without changing other things ?
        >
        > Best Regards
        >
        > Andreas
        >
        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Joel Abelardo"
        > <nyarrgh@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am using Firmware 1.15 with the latest dual drive package and
        it's
        > > been stable for the last month. Make sure you follow the
        > > instructions carefully, including updating with the "A" packet
        before
        > > the main files and the addons if you need them.
        > >

        > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "keks31977"
        > > <hubertus@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi
        > > > I have a Linkstation Pro (Firmware 1.15). I would like to use
        more
        > > > than only 2 USB drives with the Linkstation. I have tried the
        latest
        > > > dual_drive package. It works fine the first time, but
        afterwards my
        > > > Linkstation was bricked. So I switch to EM mode and install the
        > > > official Firmware 1.15 again. Is there a simple way to keep the
        > > > Linkstation stabil and only change the firmware to have the
        > > > possibility to connect eg. 3 or 5 USB devices ?
        > > > Best Regards
        > > > Andreas

      • markus.marb
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26 12:43 AM
          Hello,

          i want to install the 8USB extension on my Linkstation pro, but it seems i am to stupid to do.

          I downloaded the A-Version package, but if i want to install by executing the script

          install_a-version

          i got the error message

          sh: install_a-version: command not found

          How can i run the script?

          Can anyone help me please. Thanks in advance

          Markus
        • Paul Wright
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2009
            Hi Markus

            In Windows the local directory is always checked for the command and then your path. In Linux the local directory is never checked only the path.

            In order to run a script in Linux that isn't in the path you must explicitly state where it is. The short hand for the local directory is "./", so run:

            sh:./install_a-version