Re: 8USB extension

  • Joel Abelardo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2009
      I am using Firmware 1.15 with the latest dual drive package and it's
      been stable for the last month. Make sure you follow the
      instructions carefully, including updating with the "A" packet before
      the main files and the addons if you need them.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "keks31977"
      <hubertus@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      > I have a Linkstation Pro (Firmware 1.15). I would like to use more
      > than only 2 USB drives with the Linkstation. I have tried the latest
      > dual_drive package. It works fine the first time, but afterwards my
      > Linkstation was bricked. So I switch to EM mode and install the
      > official Firmware 1.15 again. Is there a simple way to keep the
      > Linkstation stabil and only change the firmware to have the
      > possibility to connect eg. 3 or 5 USB devices ?
      > Best Regards
      > Andreas

    • keks31977
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
        Thanks for your reply.

        I have done it in the same order like you mentioned. But after the
        installation, all shares in Windows were gone. So I installed the A
        package afterwards again. It seams to work good for two days. I copied
        the some data by using the MC from the internal drive to the 3rd
        USB-drive, without any problems. On the 3rd day the Linkstation only
        blinks and reports that the internal HDD is unformated. But when I
        reflash the original firmware 1.15 all data was on the internal HDD.
        Very strage I think. Now it is working fine with the original FW. But
        I need more than 2 USB drives.

        The following steps I do in root shell:
        ./install_a-version
        ./install_dualdrive_lspro_V1+2_single_drive_use
        ./install_addon
        ./install_a-version

        Equipment:
        Linkstation Pro V2
        1 500 GB drive connected directly to the Linkstation
        2 1TB drives connected via an USB-Hub to the Linkstation

        Can anybody give me a hint, what I have done wrong ?
        Or perhaps can anybody tell me, how I can only change the Linkstation
        to support more than 2 USB drives, without changing other things ?

        Best Regards

        Andreas

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Joel Abelardo"
        <nyarrgh@...> wrote:

        > I am using Firmware 1.15 with the latest dual drive package and it's
        > been stable for the last month. Make sure you follow the
        > instructions carefully, including updating with the "A" packet before
        > the main files and the addons if you need them.
        >

        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "keks31977"
        > <hubertus@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi
        > > I have a Linkstation Pro (Firmware 1.15). I would like to use more
        > > than only 2 USB drives with the Linkstation. I have tried the latest
        > > dual_drive package. It works fine the first time, but afterwards my
        > > Linkstation was bricked. So I switch to EM mode and install the
        > > official Firmware 1.15 again. Is there a simple way to keep the
        > > Linkstation stabil and only change the firmware to have the
        > > possibility to connect eg. 3 or 5 USB devices ?
        > > Best Regards
        > > Andreas

      • Joel Abelardo
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2009
          I guess I can't help you much, since I did my install from scratch
          after upgrading my hard drive. I created new Windows shares after
          installing this, so i didn't lose any existing ones.

          <hubertus@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for your reply.
          >
          > I have done it in the same order like you mentioned. But after the
          > installation, all shares in Windows were gone. So I installed the A
          > package afterwards again. It seams to work good for two days. I
          copied
          > the some data by using the MC from the internal drive to the 3rd
          > USB-drive, without any problems. On the 3rd day the Linkstation
          only
          > blinks and reports that the internal HDD is unformated. But when I
          > reflash the original firmware 1.15 all data was on the internal
          HDD.
          > Very strage I think. Now it is working fine with the original FW.
          But
          > I need more than 2 USB drives.
          >
          > The following steps I do in root shell:
          > ./install_a-version
          > ./install_dualdrive_lspro_V1+2_single_drive_use
          > ./install_addon
          > ./install_a-version
          >
          > Equipment:
          > Linkstation Pro V2
          > 1 500 GB drive connected directly to the Linkstation
          > 2 1TB drives connected via an USB-Hub to the Linkstation
          >
          > Can anybody give me a hint, what I have done wrong ?
          > Or perhaps can anybody tell me, how I can only change the
          Linkstation
          > to support more than 2 USB drives, without changing other things ?
          >
          > Best Regards
          >
          > Andreas
          >
          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Joel Abelardo"
          > <nyarrgh@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I am using Firmware 1.15 with the latest dual drive package and
          it's
          > > been stable for the last month. Make sure you follow the
          > > instructions carefully, including updating with the "A" packet
          before
          > > the main files and the addons if you need them.
          > >

          > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "keks31977"
          > > <hubertus@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi
          > > > I have a Linkstation Pro (Firmware 1.15). I would like to use
          more
          > > > than only 2 USB drives with the Linkstation. I have tried the
          latest
          > > > dual_drive package. It works fine the first time, but
          afterwards my
          > > > Linkstation was bricked. So I switch to EM mode and install the
          > > > official Firmware 1.15 again. Is there a simple way to keep the
          > > > Linkstation stabil and only change the firmware to have the
          > > > possibility to connect eg. 3 or 5 USB devices ?
          > > > Best Regards
          > > > Andreas

        • markus.marb
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 26, 2009
            Hello,

            i want to install the 8USB extension on my Linkstation pro, but it seems i am to stupid to do.

            I downloaded the A-Version package, but if i want to install by executing the script

            install_a-version

            i got the error message

            sh: install_a-version: command not found

            How can i run the script?

            Can anyone help me please. Thanks in advance

            Markus
          • Paul Wright
            Message 5 of 6 , May 5, 2009
              Hi Markus

              In Windows the local directory is always checked for the command and then your path. In Linux the local directory is never checked only the path.

              In order to run a script in Linux that isn't in the path you must explicitly state where it is. The short hand for the local directory is "./", so run:

              sh:./install_a-version