Re: Web access menu lost after addons install attempted

  • Joel Abelardo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 20, 2009
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "marchino0791"
      <lists.msisi@...> wrote:

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Potter"
      > <musikgoat@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917"
      > <rnemeth@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "musikgoat"

      > 2.10 FW.
      > web
      > ideas how

      > all the
      > in as

      > changed,

      > from,
      > > > >
      > > > http://buffalo.nas-
      > central.org/index.php/Open_Stock_Firmware#Addon_Files?
      > > > >

      > > http://downloads.nas-
      > central.org/Uploads/OldUploads/LS_Pro_temporary/Binaries/addons.tar

      > UI... so
      > > > >

      > > > I'm logging in with admin. I rebooted - no difference. Login
      is
      > > > accepted, but no menus appear.
      > > >
      > > > The 'addons' I'm installing is from
      > > > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LinkStation_General/files
      > > > - ie, this board. I already have the nas-central addons
      > installed.
      > > > I'm running stock LSLive firmware not stock LSPro firmware.
      Could
      > > > that be the problem?
      > > >
      > > Robert,
      > >
      > > Yes, I briefly glanced at the notes for that package, and there
      are
      > some
      > > significant changes to the Web UI configuration in this.
      > >
      > > I have CC'ed paules_p as he is the maintainer of this package
      (i.e.
      > He
      > > uploaded it), to see if he may be able to provide some
      suggestions
      > as to the
      > > support of this package under LS Live 2.10 firmware. My initial
      > assumption
      > > is that there is no support for that firmware.
      > >
      > > If so, you likely would need to flash your Live to Pro firmware
      > (if that
      > > can be done safely), and then follow the installation of the
      addons
      > pack.
      > >
      > > -tim
      > >

      > Just following on from this and the thread on the nas-central
      forum,
      > someone suggested that they had the Buffalo bt client running by
      > other means.....
      >
      > Would you care to explain how you managed to get it installed.
      >
      > Thanks

      I finally got this working, but not the way I originally intended.
      I upgraded to a 1.5TB drive so had to reapply the firmware. I chose
      to turn it into a Linkstation PRO instead. I then installed
      firefly for my itunes, twonky for the media service, and this for
      bittorrent and 3 usb drives etc. I'm currently adding print server
      support.

      for the bittorrent client only, I think they used this:
      http://methanoid.blogspot.com/2008/10/bittorrent-power.html