Hard Drive Crash

  • lou_phillips
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 1938
      I hope someone can help. I have the HD-H120LAN model of the link
      station. The hard drive crashed (as in a hardware crash). I put in a
      new hard drive (I tried a 160 and 120 gig drive) and each came up with
      a browser screen that said there are hard drive issues, and the drive
      needs to be formatted. I clicked to format the drive, but it did not
      help. I then took the drive out and found that the drive became
      partitioned, but that really did not solve the problem. Is there any
      way to replace the drive? Thank you for any help you can give me.

      Lou
    • Andrew Hodgson
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 19, 1938

        You can replace the drive.

        1. Put in new drive.
        2. Turn on Linkstation, if DHCP is on network you will get an IP address.
        3. Downloaded latest firmware from Buffalo website.
        4. Run the firmware tool twice - the first time it will fail, but drives will be partitioned, the second time should go through without issue.

        Thanks.
        Andrew.