Re: wput 4 linkstation mips

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2009
      Is this for "Openlink" or "Freelink"? For my old PowerPC based LS-1,
      I found I could use binaries from the Debian "Woody" distribution on
      the original OS (As "Openlink" is based on). The problem here is I
      don't know where to find the Debian "woody" repository anymore. Does
      it exist anymore? and does it support MIPS? You might also try the
      binaries from the later versions, (Sarge or Etch) but I think they are
      not compatible with the installed C libraries, but I could be wrong
      since the LS-2 (as you have) is a later model than my old LS-1.

      Finally of course someone could compile it for you. Maybe if they
      compiled it with the library calls linked in statically, the binary
      would not be too huge and thus would be guaranteed to work an any MIPS
      system.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Arne Zender"