Re: Web access menu lost after addons install attempted

  • Tim Potter
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917" <rnemeth@...> wrote:

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "musikgoat"
      > <musikgoat@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917"
      > > <rnemeth@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Group,
      > > >
      > > > I attempted to install the addons pack onto my LS-DH500GL 2.10 FW.
      > > > After it completed, I can no longer access any menus in the web
      > > > interface. I have "logout" and "I'm here" only listed. Any ideas how
      > > > I can fix this?
      > > >
      > > > Cheers, Rob
      > > >

      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Is it possible that you are logged into the interface though a
      > > different username, not admin?   The interface will only show all the
      > > menus under the admin user.  You can try rebooting and logging in as
      > > admin.
      > >
      > > short of that, i wonder if the usernames or /etc/passwd are changed,
      > > but I assume you can login fine.
      > >
      > > how did you install the addons.tar file, where did you get it from,
      > > here:
      > >
      > http://buffalo.nas-central.org/index.php/Open_Stock_Firmware#Addon_Files?
      > >

      > http://downloads.nas-central.org/Uploads/OldUploads/LS_Pro_temporary/Binaries/addons.tar
      > >
      > > If so, those binaries shouldn't have any affect on your web UI... so
      > > walk through what you did.
      > >

      > I'm logging in with admin.  I rebooted - no difference.  Login is
      > accepted, but no menus appear.
      >
      > The 'addons' I'm installing is from
      > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LinkStation_General/files
      > - ie, this board.  I already have the nas-central addons installed.
      > I'm running stock LSLive firmware not stock LSPro firmware.  Could
      > that be the problem?

      Robert,

      Yes, I briefly glanced at the notes for that package, and there are some significant changes to the Web UI configuration in this.

      I have CC'ed paules_p as he is the maintainer of this package (i.e. He uploaded it), to see if he may be able to provide some suggestions as to the support of this package under LS Live 2.10 firmware.  My initial assumption is that there is no support for that firmware.

      If so,  you likely would need to flash your Live to Pro firmware (if that can be done safely), and then follow the installation of the addons pack.

      -tim

    • marchino0791
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 16, 2009
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Potter"
        <musikgoat@...> wrote:

        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917"
        <rnemeth@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "musikgoat"
        > > <musikgoat@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917"

        > > > Hi,
        > > >
        > > > Is it possible that you are logged into the interface though a
        > > > different username, not admin? The interface will only show
        all the
        > > > menus under the admin user. You can try rebooting and logging
        in as
        > > > admin.
        > > >
        > > > short of that, i wonder if the usernames or /etc/passwd are
        changed,
        > > > but I assume you can login fine.
        > > >
        > > > how did you install the addons.tar file, where did you get it
        from,
        > > > here:
        > > >
        > > http://buffalo.nas-
        central.org/index.php/Open_Stock_Firmware#Addon_Files?

        > http://downloads.nas-
        central.org/Uploads/OldUploads/LS_Pro_temporary/Binaries/addons.tar

        > > > If so, those binaries shouldn't have any affect on your web
        UI... so
        > > > walk through what you did.
        > > >

        > > I'm logging in with admin. I rebooted - no difference. Login is
        > > accepted, but no menus appear.
        > >
        > > The 'addons' I'm installing is from
        > > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LinkStation_General/files
        > > - ie, this board. I already have the nas-central addons
        installed.
        > > I'm running stock LSLive firmware not stock LSPro firmware. Could
        > > that be the problem?
        > >
        > Robert,
        >
        > Yes, I briefly glanced at the notes for that package, and there are
        some
        > significant changes to the Web UI configuration in this.
        >
        > I have CC'ed paules_p as he is the maintainer of this package (i.e.
        He
        > uploaded it), to see if he may be able to provide some suggestions
        as to the
        > support of this package under LS Live 2.10 firmware. My initial
        assumption
        > is that there is no support for that firmware.
        >
        > If so, you likely would need to flash your Live to Pro firmware
        (if that
        > can be done safely), and then follow the installation of the addons
        pack.

        > -tim

        Just following on from this and the thread on the nas-central forum,
        someone suggested that they had the Buffalo bt client running by
        other means.....

        Would you care to explain how you managed to get it installed.

        Thanks
      • Joel Abelardo
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 20, 2009
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "marchino0791"
          <lists.msisi@...> wrote:

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Potter"
          > <musikgoat@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917"
          > <rnemeth@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "musikgoat"

          > 2.10 FW.
          > web
          > ideas how

          > all the
          > in as

          > changed,

          > from,
          > > > >
          > > > http://buffalo.nas-
          > central.org/index.php/Open_Stock_Firmware#Addon_Files?
          > > > >

          > > http://downloads.nas-
          > central.org/Uploads/OldUploads/LS_Pro_temporary/Binaries/addons.tar

          > UI... so
          > > > >

          > > > I'm logging in with admin. I rebooted - no difference. Login
          is
          > > > accepted, but no menus appear.
          > > >
          > > > The 'addons' I'm installing is from
          > > > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LinkStation_General/files
          > > > - ie, this board. I already have the nas-central addons
          > installed.
          > > > I'm running stock LSLive firmware not stock LSPro firmware.
          Could
          > > > that be the problem?
          > > >
          > > Robert,
          > >
          > > Yes, I briefly glanced at the notes for that package, and there
          are
          > some
          > > significant changes to the Web UI configuration in this.
          > >
          > > I have CC'ed paules_p as he is the maintainer of this package
          (i.e.
          > He
          > > uploaded it), to see if he may be able to provide some
          suggestions
          > as to the
          > > support of this package under LS Live 2.10 firmware. My initial
          > assumption
          > > is that there is no support for that firmware.
          > >
          > > If so, you likely would need to flash your Live to Pro firmware
          > (if that
          > > can be done safely), and then follow the installation of the
          addons
          > pack.
          > >
          > > -tim
          > >

          > Just following on from this and the thread on the nas-central
          forum,
          > someone suggested that they had the Buffalo bt client running by
          > other means.....
          >
          > Would you care to explain how you managed to get it installed.
          >
          > Thanks

          I finally got this working, but not the way I originally intended.
          I upgraded to a 1.5TB drive so had to reapply the firmware. I chose
          to turn it into a Linkstation PRO instead. I then installed
          firefly for my itunes, twonky for the media service, and this for
          bittorrent and 3 usb drives etc. I'm currently adding print server
          support.

          for the bittorrent client only, I think they used this:
          http://methanoid.blogspot.com/2008/10/bittorrent-power.html