Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Got nfsd working

  • James Ronald
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 8, 2004
      Here is another source for binaries that will work on the linkstation.

      http://www.kurobox.com/downloads/

      Check out the binary.zip file. It contains some of the more common
      packages that are standard on the Kuro box.

      JR

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dtaub001" <taubert@g...>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > The portmap and nfs-utils binaries from yellowdog-2.3 work just fine:

      ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yellowdog-2.3/ppc/YellowDog/ppc/portmap-4.0-38a.ppc.rpm

      ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yellowdog-2.3/ppc/YellowDog/ppc/nfs-utils-0.3.1-13.7.2.1.ppc.rpm

      > > Pick out the following files from those two rpms:
      > >
      > > /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs
      > > /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfslock
      > > /etc/rc.d/init.d/portmap
      > > /var/lib/nfs/etab
      > > /var/lib/nfs/xtab
      > > /var/lib/nfs/rmtab
      > > /var/lib/nfs/statd/
      > > /usr/sbin/exportfs
      > > /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd
      > > /usr/sbin/nhfsstone
      > > /usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd
      > > /usr/sbin/nfsstat
      > > /usr/sbin/showmount
      > > /usr/sbin/pmap_dump
      > > /usr/sbin/pmap_set
      > > /sbin/rpc.lockd
      > > /sbin/rpc.statd
      > > /sbin/rpcdebug
      >
      > Whoops. Forgot:
      >
      > /sbin/portmap
      >
      > Also had to pick up some files from:

      ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yellowdog-2.3/ppc/YellowDog/ppc/initscripts-6.43-1c.ppc.rpm

      > /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions
      > /sbin/initlog
      >
      > Derek
      >

      > > Then edit the three init.d files a bit.
      > >
      > > I'm hoping that the web cgi files can be easily adapted to fill out
      > > the /etc/exports and /etc/hosts.* configs.
      > >
      > > I'll post a tar file with everything needed in a few days...
      > >
      > > Derek
    • Thom Mason
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 9, 2004
        Fantastic - this file has gcc, make, glibc etc. I installed them on
        my linkstation and bingo - native compiles no problem. I made mt-
        daapd (and the required libraries (libid3tag, zlib - libgbm was one
        of the Kuro binaries)). It compiled no problems and it's now up and
        running on my linkstation serving mp3's to itunes and my Soundbridge
        (I'm using the Sept 19 nightly compile which supports Soundbridge
        sort of). No need for cross compiles which is good since my linux
        PC went up in smoke last weekend.

        I also untar'd the perl binary and it has all the missing pm files
        etc. As a result I got ddclient up and runing so my linkstation is
        now monitoring my IP and updating dyndns.org.

        <jronald@c...> wrote:
        > Here is another source for binaries that will work on the
        linkstation.

        > http://www.kurobox.com/downloads/
        >
        > Check out the binary.zip file. It contains some of the more common
        > packages that are standard on the Kuro box.
        >
        > JR
      • 7tronics Plc, M Smith
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 9, 2004
          Looking for performance enhancement over ftp, has anyone tried porting
          a multi-threaded ftp server such as gFTP ( http://gftp.seul.org/ ) ?

          Key appears to be the support for pthreads or Linux threads. Don't see
          anything in the KuroBox libraries, but this is an area that is new to me.

          Cheers de Mark @ 7tronics
        • 7tronics Plc, M Smith
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 10, 2004
            Poorly worded post, what I meant was:

            Looking for performance enhancement over ftp, has anyone tried porting
            or measuring a multi-threaded ftp server such as unfs3 to map with a
            multi-threaded ftp client such as gFTP ( http://gftp.seul.org/ ) ?

            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "7tronics Plc, M Smith"
            <k6fu3vphnqo350t@s...> wrote:

            > Looking for performance enhancement over ftp, has anyone tried porting
            > a multi-threaded ftp server such as gFTP ( http://gftp.seul.org/ ) ?
            >
            > Key appears to be the support for pthreads or Linux threads. Don't see
            > anything in the KuroBox libraries, but this is an area that is new
            to me.

            > Cheers de Mark @ 7tronics
          • dtaub001
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 11, 2004
              <jronald@c...> wrote:
              > Here is another source for binaries that will work on the linkstation.
              >
              > http://www.kurobox.com/downloads/
              >
              > Check out the binary.zip file. It contains some of the more common
              > packages that are standard on the Kuro box.
              >
              > JR

              What a find! Not only do the apps integrate perfectly, but the full
              source is available, including gcc. I'm pretty sure that this is the
              exact gcc that was used to build the Linkstation kernel/libs/apps (it
              matches the uname output and has the ppc DWARF support that was
              missing from the 2.95.3 base), so we should be able to build/modify
              the kernel with ease.

              Thanks!

              FWIW, the distribution appears to use /usr/sbin/initdconfig to control
              the rc configs. Give "/usr/sbin/initdconfig --list" a try...

              Derek