Re: Web access menu lost after addons install attempted

  • robert440917
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009

      http://buffalo.nas-central.org/index.php/Open_Stock_Firmware#Addon_Files?

      http://downloads.nas-central.org/Uploads/OldUploads/LS_Pro_temporary/Binaries/addons.tar

      > If so, those binaries shouldn't have any affect on your web UI... so
      > walk through what you did.

      I'm logging in with admin. I rebooted - no difference. Login is
      accepted, but no menus appear.

      The 'addons' I'm installing is from
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LinkStation_General/files
      - ie, this board. I already have the nas-central addons installed.
      I'm running stock LSLive firmware not stock LSPro firmware. Could
      that be the problem?
    • Tim Potter
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917" <rnemeth@...> wrote:

        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "musikgoat"
        > <musikgoat@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917"
        > > <rnemeth@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi Group,
        > > >
        > > > I attempted to install the addons pack onto my LS-DH500GL 2.10 FW.
        > > > After it completed, I can no longer access any menus in the web
        > > > interface. I have "logout" and "I'm here" only listed. Any ideas how
        > > > I can fix this?
        > > >
        > > > Cheers, Rob
        > > >

        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > Is it possible that you are logged into the interface though a
        > > different username, not admin?   The interface will only show all the
        > > menus under the admin user.  You can try rebooting and logging in as
        > > admin.
        > >
        > > short of that, i wonder if the usernames or /etc/passwd are changed,
        > > but I assume you can login fine.
        > >
        > > how did you install the addons.tar file, where did you get it from,
        > > here:
        > >
        > http://buffalo.nas-central.org/index.php/Open_Stock_Firmware#Addon_Files?
        > >

        > http://downloads.nas-central.org/Uploads/OldUploads/LS_Pro_temporary/Binaries/addons.tar
        > >
        > > If so, those binaries shouldn't have any affect on your web UI... so
        > > walk through what you did.
        > >

        > I'm logging in with admin.  I rebooted - no difference.  Login is
        > accepted, but no menus appear.
        >
        > The 'addons' I'm installing is from
        > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LinkStation_General/files
        > - ie, this board.  I already have the nas-central addons installed.
        > I'm running stock LSLive firmware not stock LSPro firmware.  Could
        > that be the problem?

        Robert,

        Yes, I briefly glanced at the notes for that package, and there are some significant changes to the Web UI configuration in this.

        I have CC'ed paules_p as he is the maintainer of this package (i.e. He uploaded it), to see if he may be able to provide some suggestions as to the support of this package under LS Live 2.10 firmware.  My initial assumption is that there is no support for that firmware.

        If so,  you likely would need to flash your Live to Pro firmware (if that can be done safely), and then follow the installation of the addons pack.

        -tim

      • marchino0791
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 16, 2009
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Potter"
          <musikgoat@...> wrote:

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917"
          <rnemeth@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "musikgoat"
          > > <musikgoat@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917"

          > > > Hi,
          > > >
          > > > Is it possible that you are logged into the interface though a
          > > > different username, not admin? The interface will only show
          all the
          > > > menus under the admin user. You can try rebooting and logging
          in as
          > > > admin.
          > > >
          > > > short of that, i wonder if the usernames or /etc/passwd are
          changed,
          > > > but I assume you can login fine.
          > > >
          > > > how did you install the addons.tar file, where did you get it
          from,
          > > > here:
          > > >
          > > http://buffalo.nas-
          central.org/index.php/Open_Stock_Firmware#Addon_Files?

          > http://downloads.nas-
          central.org/Uploads/OldUploads/LS_Pro_temporary/Binaries/addons.tar

          > > > If so, those binaries shouldn't have any affect on your web
          UI... so
          > > > walk through what you did.
          > > >

          > > I'm logging in with admin. I rebooted - no difference. Login is
          > > accepted, but no menus appear.
          > >
          > > The 'addons' I'm installing is from
          > > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LinkStation_General/files
          > > - ie, this board. I already have the nas-central addons
          installed.
          > > I'm running stock LSLive firmware not stock LSPro firmware. Could
          > > that be the problem?
          > >
          > Robert,
          >
          > Yes, I briefly glanced at the notes for that package, and there are
          some
          > significant changes to the Web UI configuration in this.
          >
          > I have CC'ed paules_p as he is the maintainer of this package (i.e.
          He
          > uploaded it), to see if he may be able to provide some suggestions
          as to the
          > support of this package under LS Live 2.10 firmware. My initial
          assumption
          > is that there is no support for that firmware.
          >
          > If so, you likely would need to flash your Live to Pro firmware
          (if that
          > can be done safely), and then follow the installation of the addons
          pack.

          > -tim

          Just following on from this and the thread on the nas-central forum,
          someone suggested that they had the Buffalo bt client running by
          other means.....

          Would you care to explain how you managed to get it installed.

          Thanks
        • Joel Abelardo
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 20, 2009
            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "marchino0791"
            <lists.msisi@...> wrote:

            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Potter"
            > <musikgoat@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917"
            > <rnemeth@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "musikgoat"

            > 2.10 FW.
            > web
            > ideas how

            > all the
            > in as

            > changed,

            > from,
            > > > >
            > > > http://buffalo.nas-
            > central.org/index.php/Open_Stock_Firmware#Addon_Files?
            > > > >

            > > http://downloads.nas-
            > central.org/Uploads/OldUploads/LS_Pro_temporary/Binaries/addons.tar

            > UI... so
            > > > >

            > > > I'm logging in with admin. I rebooted - no difference. Login
            is
            > > > accepted, but no menus appear.
            > > >
            > > > The 'addons' I'm installing is from
            > > > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LinkStation_General/files
            > > > - ie, this board. I already have the nas-central addons
            > installed.
            > > > I'm running stock LSLive firmware not stock LSPro firmware.
            Could
            > > > that be the problem?
            > > >
            > > Robert,
            > >
            > > Yes, I briefly glanced at the notes for that package, and there
            are
            > some
            > > significant changes to the Web UI configuration in this.
            > >
            > > I have CC'ed paules_p as he is the maintainer of this package
            (i.e.
            > He
            > > uploaded it), to see if he may be able to provide some
            suggestions
            > as to the
            > > support of this package under LS Live 2.10 firmware. My initial
            > assumption
            > > is that there is no support for that firmware.
            > >
            > > If so, you likely would need to flash your Live to Pro firmware
            > (if that
            > > can be done safely), and then follow the installation of the
            addons
            > pack.
            > >
            > > -tim
            > >

            > Just following on from this and the thread on the nas-central
            forum,
            > someone suggested that they had the Buffalo bt client running by
            > other means.....
            >
            > Would you care to explain how you managed to get it installed.
            >
            > Thanks

            I finally got this working, but not the way I originally intended.
            I upgraded to a 1.5TB drive so had to reapply the firmware. I chose
            to turn it into a Linkstation PRO instead. I then installed
            firefly for my itunes, twonky for the media service, and this for
            bittorrent and 3 usb drives etc. I'm currently adding print server
            support.

            for the bittorrent client only, I think they used this:
            http://methanoid.blogspot.com/2008/10/bittorrent-power.html