Web access menu lost after addons install attempted

  • robert440917
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
      Hi Group,

      I attempted to install the addons pack onto my LS-DH500GL 2.10 FW.
      After it completed, I can no longer access any menus in the web
      interface. I have "logout" and "I'm here" only listed. Any ideas how
      I can fix this?

      Cheers, Rob
    • musikgoat
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917"
        <rnemeth@...> wrote:

        > Hi Group,
        >
        > I attempted to install the addons pack onto my LS-DH500GL 2.10 FW.
        > After it completed, I can no longer access any menus in the web
        > interface. I have "logout" and "I'm here" only listed. Any ideas how
        > I can fix this?
        >
        > Cheers, Rob

        Hi,

        Is it possible that you are logged into the interface though a
        different username, not admin? The interface will only show all the
        menus under the admin user. You can try rebooting and logging in as
        admin.

        short of that, i wonder if the usernames or /etc/passwd are changed,
        but I assume you can login fine.

        how did you install the addons.tar file, where did you get it from,
        here:
        http://buffalo.nas-central.org/index.php/Open_Stock_Firmware#Addon_Files?

        http://downloads.nas-central.org/Uploads/OldUploads/LS_Pro_temporary/Binaries/addons.tar

        If so, those binaries shouldn't have any affect on your web UI... so
        walk through what you did.
      • robert440917
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009
          <musikgoat@...> wrote:

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917"
          > <rnemeth@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Group,
          > >
          > > I attempted to install the addons pack onto my LS-DH500GL 2.10 FW.
          > > After it completed, I can no longer access any menus in the web
          > > interface. I have "logout" and "I'm here" only listed. Any ideas how
          > > I can fix this?
          > >
          > > Cheers, Rob
          > >

          > Hi,
          >
          > Is it possible that you are logged into the interface though a
          > different username, not admin? The interface will only show all the
          > menus under the admin user. You can try rebooting and logging in as
          > admin.
          >
          > short of that, i wonder if the usernames or /etc/passwd are changed,
          > but I assume you can login fine.
          >
          > how did you install the addons.tar file, where did you get it from,
          > here:

          http://buffalo.nas-central.org/index.php/Open_Stock_Firmware#Addon_Files?

          http://downloads.nas-central.org/Uploads/OldUploads/LS_Pro_temporary/Binaries/addons.tar

          > If so, those binaries shouldn't have any affect on your web UI... so
          > walk through what you did.

          I'm logging in with admin. I rebooted - no difference. Login is
          accepted, but no menus appear.

          The 'addons' I'm installing is from
          http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LinkStation_General/files
          - ie, this board. I already have the nas-central addons installed.
          I'm running stock LSLive firmware not stock LSPro firmware. Could
          that be the problem?
        • Tim Potter
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009
            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917" <rnemeth@...> wrote:

            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "musikgoat"
            > <musikgoat@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917"
            > > <rnemeth@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Group,
            > > >
            > > > I attempted to install the addons pack onto my LS-DH500GL 2.10 FW.
            > > > After it completed, I can no longer access any menus in the web
            > > > interface. I have "logout" and "I'm here" only listed. Any ideas how
            > > > I can fix this?
            > > >
            > > > Cheers, Rob
            > > >

            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > Is it possible that you are logged into the interface though a
            > > different username, not admin?   The interface will only show all the
            > > menus under the admin user.  You can try rebooting and logging in as
            > > admin.
            > >
            > > short of that, i wonder if the usernames or /etc/passwd are changed,
            > > but I assume you can login fine.
            > >
            > > how did you install the addons.tar file, where did you get it from,
            > > here:
            > >
            > http://buffalo.nas-central.org/index.php/Open_Stock_Firmware#Addon_Files?
            > >

            > http://downloads.nas-central.org/Uploads/OldUploads/LS_Pro_temporary/Binaries/addons.tar
            > >
            > > If so, those binaries shouldn't have any affect on your web UI... so
            > > walk through what you did.
            > >

            > I'm logging in with admin.  I rebooted - no difference.  Login is
            > accepted, but no menus appear.
            >
            > The 'addons' I'm installing is from
            > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LinkStation_General/files
            > - ie, this board.  I already have the nas-central addons installed.
            > I'm running stock LSLive firmware not stock LSPro firmware.  Could
            > that be the problem?

            Robert,

            Yes, I briefly glanced at the notes for that package, and there are some significant changes to the Web UI configuration in this.

            I have CC'ed paules_p as he is the maintainer of this package (i.e. He uploaded it), to see if he may be able to provide some suggestions as to the support of this package under LS Live 2.10 firmware.  My initial assumption is that there is no support for that firmware.

            If so,  you likely would need to flash your Live to Pro firmware (if that can be done safely), and then follow the installation of the addons pack.

            -tim

          • marchino0791
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 16, 2009
              --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Potter"
              <musikgoat@...> wrote:

              > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917"
              <rnemeth@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "musikgoat"
              > > <musikgoat@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917"

              > > > Hi,
              > > >
              > > > Is it possible that you are logged into the interface though a
              > > > different username, not admin? The interface will only show
              all the
              > > > menus under the admin user. You can try rebooting and logging
              in as
              > > > admin.
              > > >
              > > > short of that, i wonder if the usernames or /etc/passwd are
              changed,
              > > > but I assume you can login fine.
              > > >
              > > > how did you install the addons.tar file, where did you get it
              from,
              > > > here:
              > > >
              > > http://buffalo.nas-
              central.org/index.php/Open_Stock_Firmware#Addon_Files?

              > http://downloads.nas-
              central.org/Uploads/OldUploads/LS_Pro_temporary/Binaries/addons.tar

              > > > If so, those binaries shouldn't have any affect on your web
              UI... so
              > > > walk through what you did.
              > > >

              > > I'm logging in with admin. I rebooted - no difference. Login is
              > > accepted, but no menus appear.
              > >
              > > The 'addons' I'm installing is from
              > > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LinkStation_General/files
              > > - ie, this board. I already have the nas-central addons
              installed.
              > > I'm running stock LSLive firmware not stock LSPro firmware. Could
              > > that be the problem?
              > >
              > Robert,
              >
              > Yes, I briefly glanced at the notes for that package, and there are
              some
              > significant changes to the Web UI configuration in this.
              >
              > I have CC'ed paules_p as he is the maintainer of this package (i.e.
              He
              > uploaded it), to see if he may be able to provide some suggestions
              as to the
              > support of this package under LS Live 2.10 firmware. My initial
              assumption
              > is that there is no support for that firmware.
              >
              > If so, you likely would need to flash your Live to Pro firmware
              (if that
              > can be done safely), and then follow the installation of the addons
              pack.

              > -tim

              Just following on from this and the thread on the nas-central forum,
              someone suggested that they had the Buffalo bt client running by
              other means.....

              Would you care to explain how you managed to get it installed.

              Thanks
            • Joel Abelardo
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 20, 2009
                --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "marchino0791"
                <lists.msisi@...> wrote:

                > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Potter"
                > <musikgoat@> wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "robert440917"
                > <rnemeth@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "musikgoat"

                > 2.10 FW.
                > web
                > ideas how

                > all the
                > in as

                > changed,

                > from,
                > > > >
                > > > http://buffalo.nas-
                > central.org/index.php/Open_Stock_Firmware#Addon_Files?
                > > > >

                > > http://downloads.nas-
                > central.org/Uploads/OldUploads/LS_Pro_temporary/Binaries/addons.tar

                > UI... so
                > > > >

                > > > I'm logging in with admin. I rebooted - no difference. Login
                is
                > > > accepted, but no menus appear.
                > > >
                > > > The 'addons' I'm installing is from
                > > > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LinkStation_General/files
                > > > - ie, this board. I already have the nas-central addons
                > installed.
                > > > I'm running stock LSLive firmware not stock LSPro firmware.
                Could
                > > > that be the problem?
                > > >
                > > Robert,
                > >
                > > Yes, I briefly glanced at the notes for that package, and there
                are
                > some
                > > significant changes to the Web UI configuration in this.
                > >
                > > I have CC'ed paules_p as he is the maintainer of this package
                (i.e.
                > He
                > > uploaded it), to see if he may be able to provide some
                suggestions
                > as to the
                > > support of this package under LS Live 2.10 firmware. My initial
                > assumption
                > > is that there is no support for that firmware.
                > >
                > > If so, you likely would need to flash your Live to Pro firmware
                > (if that
                > > can be done safely), and then follow the installation of the
                addons
                > pack.
                > >
                > > -tim
                > >

                > Just following on from this and the thread on the nas-central
                forum,
                > someone suggested that they had the Buffalo bt client running by
                > other means.....
                >
                > Would you care to explain how you managed to get it installed.
                >
                > Thanks

                I finally got this working, but not the way I originally intended.
                I upgraded to a 1.5TB drive so had to reapply the firmware. I chose
                to turn it into a Linkstation PRO instead. I then installed
                firefly for my itunes, twonky for the media service, and this for
                bittorrent and 3 usb drives etc. I'm currently adding print server
                support.

                for the bittorrent client only, I think they used this:
                http://methanoid.blogspot.com/2008/10/bittorrent-power.html