Re: Need a Working Serial pls

  • copymaster@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008
      Hello,
      the problem is they stopt the support for nas.
      All Links to Buy going to ... 404 Error Not Found
      http://www.twonkyvision.com/Online-Shop/
      http://www.twonkyvision.com/Shop2007/index-shop-v2.php

      they only want sell to Buffalo, D-link direct...

      i hope you understand.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "William Kloek"
      <william.kloek@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > If you have installed Twonkey Media system already on your system
      you can
      > retrieve the registration key by going to the Twonky hompage on your
      server

      > http://IP-adres.............:9000/configpage/index.htm
      >
      > and select server information (left hand-side icon on upper right
      corner)

      > good luck
      > William
      >
      > _____

      12/27/2008
      > 8:49 PM

    • musikgoat
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008
        Yes,

        That is a problem, it is unfortunate that T.M. is not selling a
        license to the version 4.x.x that works with our products.

        Additionally, they are no longer supporting Nas's without
        pre-installed software by the company. (see
        http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5101#p18996 ) This is
        understandable from a business perspective, to reduce costs of
        support, but why can't they still sell unsupported licenses!

        They are pushing this new version 5 beta that has been a beta for 6
        months now, and has will apparently never have support for user
        installable twonky servers, per one of their support people. (see
        http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4996#p18188 )
        however, even before the new version is released, they have stopped
        selling the licenses to the 4.4.x versions for nas's apparently.

        I say this is a ridiculous move by the company, and a lot of their
        loyal customers will suffer because of this move.

        :-(

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "copymaster@..."
        <copymaster@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > the problem is they stopt the support for nas.
        > All Links to Buy going to ... 404 Error Not Found
        > http://www.twonkyvision.com/Online-Shop/
        > http://www.twonkyvision.com/Shop2007/index-shop-v2.php
        >
        > they only want sell to Buffalo, D-link direct...
        >
        > i hope you understand.
        >

        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "William Kloek"
        > <william.kloek@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > If you have installed Twonkey Media system already on your system
        > you can
        > > retrieve the registration key by going to the Twonky hompage on your
        > server
        > >
        > > http://IP-adres.............:9000/configpage/index.htm
        > >
        > > and select server information (left hand-side icon on upper right
        > corner)
        > >
        > > good luck
        > > William
        > >
        > > _____

      • Joel Abelardo
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 20, 2009

          Date:
          > > 12/27/2008
          > > > 8:49 PM

          http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/5.0.46/
          This is unsupported, meaning the company will not support you in any
          way, but it says "This versions can be activated with a TwonkyMedia
          5.x license key."

          try it if it works before buying a license key. Some have problems
          with anything above 4.4.6, specially after re-starting the
          linkstation.

          4.4.6 is
          here :http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/4.4.6/twonkymedia-
          linkstation-pro-20080730.zip

          however I do not know if it works with a v5 license key