RE: [LinkStation_General] Need a Working Serial pls

  • William Kloek
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008
      Hi,

      If you have installed Twonkey Media system already on your system you can retrieve the registration key by going to the Twonky hompage on your server

      and select server information  (left hand-side icon on upper right corner)

      good luck
      William

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008
        Hello,
        the problem is they stopt the support for nas.
        All Links to Buy going to ... 404 Error Not Found
        http://www.twonkyvision.com/Online-Shop/
        http://www.twonkyvision.com/Shop2007/index-shop-v2.php

        they only want sell to Buffalo, D-link direct...

        i hope you understand.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "William Kloek"
        <william.kloek@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > If you have installed Twonkey Media system already on your system
        you can
        > retrieve the registration key by going to the Twonky hompage on your
        server

        > http://IP-adres.............:9000/configpage/index.htm
        >
        > and select server information (left hand-side icon on upper right
        corner)

        > good luck
        > William
        >
        > _____

        12/27/2008
        > 8:49 PM

      • musikgoat
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008
          Yes,

          That is a problem, it is unfortunate that T.M. is not selling a
          license to the version 4.x.x that works with our products.

          Additionally, they are no longer supporting Nas's without
          pre-installed software by the company. (see
          http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5101#p18996 ) This is
          understandable from a business perspective, to reduce costs of
          support, but why can't they still sell unsupported licenses!

          They are pushing this new version 5 beta that has been a beta for 6
          months now, and has will apparently never have support for user
          installable twonky servers, per one of their support people. (see
          http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4996#p18188 )
          however, even before the new version is released, they have stopped
          selling the licenses to the 4.4.x versions for nas's apparently.

          I say this is a ridiculous move by the company, and a lot of their
          loyal customers will suffer because of this move.

          :-(

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "copymaster@..."
          <copymaster@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          > the problem is they stopt the support for nas.
          > All Links to Buy going to ... 404 Error Not Found
          > http://www.twonkyvision.com/Online-Shop/
          > http://www.twonkyvision.com/Shop2007/index-shop-v2.php
          >
          > they only want sell to Buffalo, D-link direct...
          >
          > i hope you understand.
          >

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "William Kloek"
          > <william.kloek@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > If you have installed Twonkey Media system already on your system
          > you can
          > > retrieve the registration key by going to the Twonky hompage on your
          > server
          > >
          > > http://IP-adres.............:9000/configpage/index.htm
          > >
          > > and select server information (left hand-side icon on upper right
          > corner)
          > >
          > > good luck
          > > William
          > >
          > > _____

        • Joel Abelardo
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 20, 2009

            Date:
            > > 12/27/2008
            > > > 8:49 PM

            http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/5.0.46/
            This is unsupported, meaning the company will not support you in any
            way, but it says "This versions can be activated with a TwonkyMedia
            5.x license key."

            try it if it works before buying a license key. Some have problems
            with anything above 4.4.6, specially after re-starting the
            linkstation.

            4.4.6 is
            here :http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/4.4.6/twonkymedia-
            linkstation-pro-20080730.zip

            however I do not know if it works with a v5 license key