Re: [LinkStation_General] Need a Working Serial pls

  • pfink
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 27, 2008
      Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

      >> i'm German so sorry for my bad english.
      >
      > No problem at all
      >
      >> I Just installed TwonkyMedia Version 5.0 Beta 1 on my Buffalo
      >> Linkstation LS Pro v1 now i see there dont sell it anymore.
      >>
      >> i dont want do delete it again because ist very god togehter with the PS3
      >
      > sorry, maybe this is obvious for others, but what is actually the problem
      > and what does TwonkyMedia to do with the serial (you mean serial console,
      > don't you)?

      I think he means he needs a serial number to unlock TwonkyMedia.
    • William Kloek
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008

        If you have installed Twonkey Media system already on your system you can retrieve the registration key by going to the Twonky hompage on your server

        and select server information  (left hand-side icon on upper right corner)

        good luck
        William

        I Just installed TwonkyMedia Version 5.0 Beta 1 on my Buffalo
        Linkstation LS Pro v1 now i see there dont sell it anymore.

        i dont want do delete it again because ist very god togehter with the PS3

        pls Help Me

        Thx

      • copymaster@rocketmail.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008
          Hello,
          the problem is they stopt the support for nas.
          All Links to Buy going to ... 404 Error Not Found
          http://www.twonkyvision.com/Online-Shop/
          http://www.twonkyvision.com/Shop2007/index-shop-v2.php

          they only want sell to Buffalo, D-link direct...

          i hope you understand.

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "William Kloek"
          <william.kloek@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > If you have installed Twonkey Media system already on your system
          you can
          > retrieve the registration key by going to the Twonky hompage on your
          server

          > http://IP-adres.............:9000/configpage/index.htm
          >
          > and select server information (left hand-side icon on upper right
          corner)

          > good luck
          > William
          >
          > _____

          12/27/2008
          > 8:49 PM

        • musikgoat
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008
            Yes,

            That is a problem, it is unfortunate that T.M. is not selling a
            license to the version 4.x.x that works with our products.

            Additionally, they are no longer supporting Nas's without
            pre-installed software by the company. (see
            http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5101#p18996 ) This is
            understandable from a business perspective, to reduce costs of
            support, but why can't they still sell unsupported licenses!

            They are pushing this new version 5 beta that has been a beta for 6
            months now, and has will apparently never have support for user
            installable twonky servers, per one of their support people. (see
            http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4996#p18188 )
            however, even before the new version is released, they have stopped
            selling the licenses to the 4.4.x versions for nas's apparently.

            I say this is a ridiculous move by the company, and a lot of their
            loyal customers will suffer because of this move.

            :-(

            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "copymaster@..."
            <copymaster@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            > the problem is they stopt the support for nas.
            > All Links to Buy going to ... 404 Error Not Found
            > http://www.twonkyvision.com/Online-Shop/
            > http://www.twonkyvision.com/Shop2007/index-shop-v2.php
            >
            > they only want sell to Buffalo, D-link direct...
            >
            > i hope you understand.
            >

            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "William Kloek"
            > <william.kloek@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > If you have installed Twonkey Media system already on your system
            > you can
            > > retrieve the registration key by going to the Twonky hompage on your
            > server
            > >
            > > http://IP-adres.............:9000/configpage/index.htm
            > >
            > > and select server information (left hand-side icon on upper right
            > corner)
            > >
            > > good luck
            > > William
            > >
            > > _____

          • Joel Abelardo
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 20, 2009

              Date:
              > > 12/27/2008
              > > > 8:49 PM

              http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/5.0.46/
              This is unsupported, meaning the company will not support you in any
              way, but it says "This versions can be activated with a TwonkyMedia
              5.x license key."

              try it if it works before buying a license key. Some have problems
              with anything above 4.4.6, specially after re-starting the
              linkstation.

              4.4.6 is
              here :http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/4.4.6/twonkymedia-
              linkstation-pro-20080730.zip

              however I do not know if it works with a v5 license key