Re: [LinkStation_General] Need a Working Serial pls

  • Guennadi Liakhovetski
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 27, 2008
      On Sat, 27 Dec 2008, copymaster@... wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > i'm German so sorry for my bad english.

      No problem at all

      > I Just installed TwonkyMedia Version 5.0 Beta 1 on my Buffalo
      > Linkstation LS Pro v1 now i see there dont sell it anymore.
      >
      > i dont want do delete it again because ist very god togehter with the PS3

      sorry, maybe this is obvious for others, but what is actually the problem
      and what does TwonkyMedia to do with the serial (you mean serial console,
      don't you)?

      > pls Help Me

      If it is really difficult for you in English, you can try on
      #linkstationwiki IRC channel on FreeNode, there are usually a couple of
      German-speakers there.

      Thanks
      Guennadi
      ---
      Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.
    • pfink
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 27, 2008
        Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

        >> i'm German so sorry for my bad english.
        >
        > No problem at all
        >
        >> I Just installed TwonkyMedia Version 5.0 Beta 1 on my Buffalo
        >> Linkstation LS Pro v1 now i see there dont sell it anymore.
        >>
        >> i dont want do delete it again because ist very god togehter with the PS3
        >
        > sorry, maybe this is obvious for others, but what is actually the problem
        > and what does TwonkyMedia to do with the serial (you mean serial console,
        > don't you)?

        I think he means he needs a serial number to unlock TwonkyMedia.
      • William Kloek
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008

          If you have installed Twonkey Media system already on your system you can retrieve the registration key by going to the Twonky hompage on your server

          and select server information  (left hand-side icon on upper right corner)

          good luck
          William

          I Just installed TwonkyMedia Version 5.0 Beta 1 on my Buffalo
          Linkstation LS Pro v1 now i see there dont sell it anymore.

          i dont want do delete it again because ist very god togehter with the PS3

          pls Help Me

          Thx

        • copymaster@rocketmail.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008
            Hello,
            the problem is they stopt the support for nas.
            All Links to Buy going to ... 404 Error Not Found
            http://www.twonkyvision.com/Online-Shop/
            http://www.twonkyvision.com/Shop2007/index-shop-v2.php

            they only want sell to Buffalo, D-link direct...

            i hope you understand.

            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "William Kloek"
            <william.kloek@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > If you have installed Twonkey Media system already on your system
            you can
            > retrieve the registration key by going to the Twonky hompage on your
            server

            > http://IP-adres.............:9000/configpage/index.htm
            >
            > and select server information (left hand-side icon on upper right
            corner)

            > good luck
            > William
            >
            > _____

            12/27/2008
            > 8:49 PM

          • musikgoat
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008
              Yes,

              That is a problem, it is unfortunate that T.M. is not selling a
              license to the version 4.x.x that works with our products.

              Additionally, they are no longer supporting Nas's without
              pre-installed software by the company. (see
              http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5101#p18996 ) This is
              understandable from a business perspective, to reduce costs of
              support, but why can't they still sell unsupported licenses!

              They are pushing this new version 5 beta that has been a beta for 6
              months now, and has will apparently never have support for user
              installable twonky servers, per one of their support people. (see
              http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4996#p18188 )
              however, even before the new version is released, they have stopped
              selling the licenses to the 4.4.x versions for nas's apparently.

              I say this is a ridiculous move by the company, and a lot of their
              loyal customers will suffer because of this move.

              :-(

              --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "copymaster@..."
              <copymaster@...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              > the problem is they stopt the support for nas.
              > All Links to Buy going to ... 404 Error Not Found
              > http://www.twonkyvision.com/Online-Shop/
              > http://www.twonkyvision.com/Shop2007/index-shop-v2.php
              >
              > they only want sell to Buffalo, D-link direct...
              >
              > i hope you understand.
              >

              > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "William Kloek"
              > <william.kloek@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > If you have installed Twonkey Media system already on your system
              > you can
              > > retrieve the registration key by going to the Twonky hompage on your
              > server
              > >
              > > http://IP-adres.............:9000/configpage/index.htm
              > >
              > > and select server information (left hand-side icon on upper right
              > corner)
              > >
              > > good luck
              > > William
              > >
              > > _____

            • Joel Abelardo
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 20, 2009

                Date:
                > > 12/27/2008
                > > > 8:49 PM

                http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/5.0.46/
                This is unsupported, meaning the company will not support you in any
                way, but it says "This versions can be activated with a TwonkyMedia
                5.x license key."

                try it if it works before buying a license key. Some have problems
                with anything above 4.4.6, specially after re-starting the
                linkstation.

                4.4.6 is
                here :http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/4.4.6/twonkymedia-
                linkstation-pro-20080730.zip

                however I do not know if it works with a v5 license key