Need a Working Serial pls

  • copymaster@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 27, 2008
      Hello,

      i'm German so sorry for my bad english.
      I Just installed TwonkyMedia Version 5.0 Beta 1 on my Buffalo
      Linkstation LS Pro v1 now i see there dont sell it anymore.

      i dont want do delete it again because ist very god togehter with the PS3

      pls Help Me

      Thx
    • Guennadi Liakhovetski
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 27, 2008
        On Sat, 27 Dec 2008, copymaster@... wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > i'm German so sorry for my bad english.

        No problem at all

        > I Just installed TwonkyMedia Version 5.0 Beta 1 on my Buffalo
        > Linkstation LS Pro v1 now i see there dont sell it anymore.
        >
        > i dont want do delete it again because ist very god togehter with the PS3

        sorry, maybe this is obvious for others, but what is actually the problem
        and what does TwonkyMedia to do with the serial (you mean serial console,
        don't you)?

        > pls Help Me

        If it is really difficult for you in English, you can try on
        #linkstationwiki IRC channel on FreeNode, there are usually a couple of
        German-speakers there.

        Thanks
        Guennadi
        ---
        Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.
      • pfink
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 27, 2008
          Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

          >> i'm German so sorry for my bad english.
          >
          > No problem at all
          >
          >> I Just installed TwonkyMedia Version 5.0 Beta 1 on my Buffalo
          >> Linkstation LS Pro v1 now i see there dont sell it anymore.
          >>
          >> i dont want do delete it again because ist very god togehter with the PS3
          >
          > sorry, maybe this is obvious for others, but what is actually the problem
          > and what does TwonkyMedia to do with the serial (you mean serial console,
          > don't you)?

          I think he means he needs a serial number to unlock TwonkyMedia.
        • William Kloek
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008

            If you have installed Twonkey Media system already on your system you can retrieve the registration key by going to the Twonky hompage on your server

            and select server information  (left hand-side icon on upper right corner)

            good luck
            William

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008
              Hello,
              the problem is they stopt the support for nas.
              All Links to Buy going to ... 404 Error Not Found
              http://www.twonkyvision.com/Online-Shop/
              http://www.twonkyvision.com/Shop2007/index-shop-v2.php

              they only want sell to Buffalo, D-link direct...

              i hope you understand.

              --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "William Kloek"
              <william.kloek@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > If you have installed Twonkey Media system already on your system
              you can
              > retrieve the registration key by going to the Twonky hompage on your
              server

              > http://IP-adres.............:9000/configpage/index.htm
              >
              > and select server information (left hand-side icon on upper right
              corner)

              > good luck
              > William
              >
              > _____

              12/27/2008
              > 8:49 PM

            • musikgoat
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 28, 2008
                Yes,

                That is a problem, it is unfortunate that T.M. is not selling a
                license to the version 4.x.x that works with our products.

                Additionally, they are no longer supporting Nas's without
                pre-installed software by the company. (see
                http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5101#p18996 ) This is
                understandable from a business perspective, to reduce costs of
                support, but why can't they still sell unsupported licenses!

                They are pushing this new version 5 beta that has been a beta for 6
                months now, and has will apparently never have support for user
                installable twonky servers, per one of their support people. (see
                http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4996#p18188 )
                however, even before the new version is released, they have stopped
                selling the licenses to the 4.4.x versions for nas's apparently.

                I say this is a ridiculous move by the company, and a lot of their
                loyal customers will suffer because of this move.

                :-(

                --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "copymaster@..."
                <copymaster@...> wrote:

                > Hello,
                > the problem is they stopt the support for nas.
                > All Links to Buy going to ... 404 Error Not Found
                > http://www.twonkyvision.com/Online-Shop/
                > http://www.twonkyvision.com/Shop2007/index-shop-v2.php
                >
                > they only want sell to Buffalo, D-link direct...
                >
                > i hope you understand.
                >

                > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "William Kloek"
                > <william.kloek@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi,
                > >
                > > If you have installed Twonkey Media system already on your system
                > you can
                > > retrieve the registration key by going to the Twonky hompage on your
                > server
                > >
                > > http://IP-adres.............:9000/configpage/index.htm
                > >
                > > and select server information (left hand-side icon on upper right
                > corner)
                > >
                > > good luck
                > > William
                > >
                > > _____

              • Joel Abelardo
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 20, 2009

                  Date:
                  > > 12/27/2008
                  > > > 8:49 PM

                  http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/5.0.46/
                  This is unsupported, meaning the company will not support you in any
                  way, but it says "This versions can be activated with a TwonkyMedia
                  5.x license key."

                  try it if it works before buying a license key. Some have problems
                  with anything above 4.4.6, specially after re-starting the
                  linkstation.

                  4.4.6 is
                  here :http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/4.4.6/twonkymedia-
                  linkstation-pro-20080730.zip

                  however I do not know if it works with a v5 license key