Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: LS 300 Pro

  • Gary Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 23, 2008
      Ive just checked the web client and under the shared folders my USBDISK1 had a tick in the Disk Backup.

      Ive removed this to see if this is the fix. However I assume that there must be 300gb of data backups on the USBDISK1 - if so where do I find it??

      thanks

      2008/12/23 musikgoat <musikgoat@...>

      Gary,

      It seems that Mario could be wrong.

      On another path of troubleshooting, I wonder if the files are
      being "recycled" then somehow being restored.

      Have you checked your shared settings to see if Trash is enabled? If
      so, test removing that setting, and then deleting the data, and
      seeing if the issue persists.

      I would suggest, once deleting the files, to search the device
      through telnet/ssh (if you have set that up), for the files to see if
      they still exist on the device.

      find / -name "filename.ext"

      now that i think about it, the buffalo firmware might not have the
      find binary, so my suggestion might be worthless.

      -tim

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Smith" <gary@...>
      wrote:

      > Perhaps I've missed this option somewhere, but the Disk Backup
      options has
      > no jobs defined and I've not knowingly created one?
      > Where are the backup files stored?
      >
      > Thanks
      >

      > 2008/12/23 Mario Butter <mario.butter@...>

      > > You have an automatic backup running.