[LinkStation_General] LS 300 Pro

  • Gary Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 23, 2008
      I have what I can only describe as a ratther bizarre problem. I have the LS 300 and a 1Tb Drive Station running off the USB as USBDISK1.

      I'm using Vista (Windows) Explorer to delete files and folders from the LinkStation drive. The space seems to become available according to the NAS software utility. However usually overnight the files and folder have been recreated and the 300Gb drive will be full again.

      Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening?

      Thanks & Merry Christmas.

    • Mario Butter
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 23, 2008
        You have an automatic backup running.

        --
        Mario

        http://mario.silent-tower.org/
      • Gary Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 23, 2008
          Perhaps I've missed this option somewhere, but the Disk Backup options has no jobs defined and I've not knowingly created one?

          Where are the backup files stored?

          Thanks

          --
          Mario

          http://mario.silent-tower.org/

        • musikgoat
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 23, 2008
            Gary,

            It seems that Mario could be wrong.

            On another path of troubleshooting, I wonder if the files are
            being "recycled" then somehow being restored.

            Have you checked your shared settings to see if Trash is enabled? If
            so, test removing that setting, and then deleting the data, and
            seeing if the issue persists.

            I would suggest, once deleting the files, to search the device
            through telnet/ssh (if you have set that up), for the files to see if
            they still exist on the device.

            find / -name "filename.ext"

            now that i think about it, the buffalo firmware might not have the
            find binary, so my suggestion might be worthless.

            -tim

            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Smith" <gary@...>
            wrote:

            > Perhaps I've missed this option somewhere, but the Disk Backup
            options has
            > no jobs defined and I've not knowingly created one?
            > Where are the backup files stored?
            >
            > Thanks
            >

            > 2008/12/23 Mario Butter <mario.butter@...>
            >
            > > You have an automatic backup running.
            > >

            > > On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Gary Smith <gary@...<gary%
            40smiffy.info>>
            > > wrote:
            > > > I have what I can only describe as a ratther bizarre problem. I
            have the
            > > LS
            > > > 300 and a 1Tb Drive Station running off the USB as USBDISK1.
            > > >
            > > > I'm using Vista (Windows) Explorer to delete files and folders
            from the
            > > > LinkStation drive. The space seems to become available
            according to the
            > > NAS
            > > > software utility. However usually overnight the files and
            folder have
            > > been
            > > > recreated and the 300Gb drive will be full again.
            > > >
            > > > Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks & Merry Christmas.
            > > >

            > > --
            > > Mario
            > >
            > > http://mario.silent-tower.org/

          • Gary Smith
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 23, 2008
              Ive just checked the web client and under the shared folders my USBDISK1 had a tick in the Disk Backup.

              Ive removed this to see if this is the fix. However I assume that there must be 300gb of data backups on the USBDISK1 - if so where do I find it??

              thanks