Waking up the Linkstation using Linux

  • kevinstrieter
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2008

      I have a linkstation pro duo, connected to my wireless router. I want
      to be able to leave the linkstation on sleep/wake, and be able to wake
      the linkstation using my linux box. Currently nothing I do makes it
      wake from my linux box.

      I have successfully woke the unit with my wife windows laptop, so I do
      know the unit works.

      I have tried pinging the unit, and it does connect.

      Any suggestions would be appreciated.

      Thank you.

      Kevin
    • Jim Ronald
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 22, 2008
        Kevin,

        You will need to use ether-wake or something like it.

        Jim