Donations needed to continue Optware packages service

  • Brian Zhou
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2008
      Hello all Optware users,

      If you use Optware packages from nslu2-linux.org, please help us keep
      them coming as we are running out of disk space.

      Over the years, the nslu2-linux.org group has been developing Optware
      packages for well over 20 NAS/router devices. As we enable more and
      more Optware packages and feeds, the disk and bandwidth usage for
      hosting, autobuilder, and testing server keeps climbing. Right now,
      >80% of nslu2-linux.org access are for Optware feeds. And the disk on
      autobuilder is approaching 90% capacity.

      We ask your help with your generous donation to nslu2-linux.org
      http://nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/Donate. We are targeting US$1000
      total in this donation drive. This is to cover the immediate purchase
      of 5 1.5 TB hard disks to be used in a RAID5 plus hotspare
      configuration, and also for other expenses such as domain fees,
      hosting costs. So far all nslu2-linux.org infrastructure has been paid
      for by previous donations from the nslu2 and nas-central community.
      Previous donation and spending can be seen at http://nslu2-
      linux.org/wiki/Info/DonationList .

      Thank you very much,

      Brian Zhou (Optware feed manager)