What is the maximum size HDD for a v1 Linkstation?

  • Brian Cowan
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2008
      The internal HDD on my 4-year-old Linkstation is > 90% full, and I think
      a 4 year old HDD needs replacing anyway, so the magic question is: what
      is the largest HDD anyone has successfully put in one of these? Sure I
      could go USB, but the unit is slow enough. I could out and out replace
      it with a larger NAS, but I want to see if it's practical to upgrade
      rather than replace.
    • sjcpc
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2008
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Brian Cowan <brcowan@...>
        wrote:

        > The internal HDD on my 4-year-old Linkstation is > 90% full, and I
        think
        > a 4 year old HDD needs replacing anyway, so the magic question is:
        what
        > is the largest HDD anyone has successfully put in one of these? Sure I
        > could go USB, but the unit is slow enough. I could out and out replace
        > it with a larger NAS, but I want to see if it's practical to upgrade
        > rather than replace.

        I recently upgraded my LinkStation V1 with a 500GB Samsung IDE drive
        without problem if that's of any help. If you're going to open up the
        unit, after 4 years, you might want to replace the cooling fan at the
        same time if that's getting noisy.