Re: hd-hg400lan hardrive replacement procidure

  • lalunas10
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2008
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "alphaomegared35" <alphaomegared35@...>
      wrote:

      > the harddrive of my hd-hg400lan went bad and I have to replace it. Can
      > some one tell me how to install the new drive. What type of programs I
      > have to install, formatting, partitioning, etc. Any information will
      > be appreciated. Thanks

      The new HDD must be unpartitioned. Flash the firmware twice. The first run will create the
      partitions etc., the second the 'visible part'.

      -A
    • alphaomegared35
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 2008
        <lalunas10@...> wrote:

        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "alphaomegared35"
        <alphaomegared35@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > the harddrive of my hd-hg400lan went bad and I have to replace it. Can
        > > some one tell me how to install the new drive. What type of programs I
        > > have to install, formatting, partitioning, etc. Any information will
        > > be appreciated. Thanks
        >
        > The new HDD must be unpartitioned. Flash the firmware twice. The
        first run will create the
        > partitions etc., the second the 'visible part'.
        >
        > -A

        Thank YOu for the info, I did the firmware and it did created
        everything just like you said. I just ran into a problem during the
        procedure, the drive froze and the "DISK FULL" light came one...and a
        message popped out that "firmware installation failed". I tried to
        access the drive through the ip address and no luck. Does the firmware
        installs the web interface too? What can be the problem?

        Thanks in advance...

      • musikgoat
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2008
          <alphaomegared35@...> wrote:

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lalunas10"
          > <lalunas10@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "alphaomegared35"
          > <alphaomegared35@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > the harddrive of my hd-hg400lan went bad and I have to replace
          it. Can
          > > > some one tell me how to install the new drive. What type of
          programs I
          > > > have to install, formatting, partitioning, etc. Any information
          will
          > > > be appreciated. Thanks
          > >
          > > The new HDD must be unpartitioned. Flash the firmware twice. The
          > first run will create the
          > > partitions etc., the second the 'visible part'.
          > >
          > > -A
          >
          > Thank YOu for the info, I did the firmware and it did created
          > everything just like you said. I just ran into a problem during the
          > procedure, the drive froze and the "DISK FULL" light came one...and a
          > message popped out that "firmware installation failed". I tried to
          > access the drive through the ip address and no luck. Does the firmware
          > installs the web interface too? What can be the problem?
          >
          > Thanks in advance...

          What kind of hard drive did you replace it with.

          The first flashing of the firmware should fail. THen you want to run
          the updater again, and it should install the web interface and all the
          software to make it run.

          What exactly have you done thus far?
        • alphaomegared35
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 7, 2008
            <musikgoat@...> wrote:

            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "alphaomegared35"
            > <alphaomegared35@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lalunas10"
            > > <lalunas10@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "alphaomegared35"
            > > <alphaomegared35@>

            > it. Can
            > programs I
            > will
            > > >
            > > > The new HDD must be unpartitioned. Flash the firmware twice. The
            > > first run will create the
            > > > partitions etc., the second the 'visible part'.
            > > >
            > > > -A
            > >
            > > Thank YOu for the info, I did the firmware and it did created
            > > everything just like you said. I just ran into a problem during the
            > > procedure, the drive froze and the "DISK FULL" light came one...and a
            > > message popped out that "firmware installation failed". I tried to
            > > access the drive through the ip address and no luck. Does the firmware
            > > installs the web interface too? What can be the problem?
            > >
            > > Thanks in advance...
            > > >

            > What kind of hard drive did you replace it with.
            >
            > The first flashing of the firmware should fail. THen you want to run
            > the updater again, and it should install the web interface and all the
            > software to make it run.
            >
            > What exactly have you done thus far?

            Sorry for the delay but I was kind of busy this week.
            I installed the hardrive ran the hd-hglan firmware updater, it runs
            but at the end gives a msg "attempt ti renew firmware has failed"
            i run it again and it those the same thing. I ran another utility that
            gave me the same info as the ip utility, but it had a massege that
            indicated that the hardrive was not formatted. If I cant do it through
            the firmware updater, what program should I use to format the drive.
          • alphaomegared35
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 7, 2008
              <musikgoat@...> wrote:

              > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "alphaomegared35"
              > <alphaomegared35@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lalunas10"
              > > <lalunas10@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "alphaomegared35"
              > > <alphaomegared35@>

              > it. Can
              > programs I
              > will
              > > >
              > > > The new HDD must be unpartitioned. Flash the firmware twice. The
              > > first run will create the
              > > > partitions etc., the second the 'visible part'.
              > > >
              > > > -A
              > >
              > > Thank YOu for the info, I did the firmware and it did created
              > > everything just like you said. I just ran into a problem during the
              > > procedure, the drive froze and the "DISK FULL" light came one...and a
              > > message popped out that "firmware installation failed". I tried to
              > > access the drive through the ip address and no luck. Does the firmware
              > > installs the web interface too? What can be the problem?
              > >
              > > Thanks in advance...
              > > >

              > What kind of hard drive did you replace it with.
              >
              > The first flashing of the firmware should fail. THen you want to run
              > the updater again, and it should install the web interface and all the
              > software to make it run.
              >
              > What exactly have you done thus far?

              I forgot to mentioned that when I get the error the "disk Ful"and the
              "Diag" ligths start flashing...