linkstation live how to link to itunes and iphone?

  • davideastaugh
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2008
      Sorry to ask but but am I missing something?

      I have just bought a 1Tb new verion linkstation live the LS-CH1.0TL
      that is supposed according to the box be fully compatible with Itunes
      and the Iphone.

      Thing is after going through 70 pages of instructions (twice just
      incase I missed it the first time) I have found no details on how to
      link itunes or the iphone to this NAS.

      If buffalo are advertising the feature I would have expected the
      instructions or the website at least to have something about it but
      no...

      If I wanted to just map a drive and dump my music on it I could saved
      a load of money and bought something else.

      As you might have gathered I'm less than impressed with this thing.

      If I have missed the instrucions then just tell me where and I will
      go hang my head in shame and sit in the naughty corner....
    • musikgoat
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 23, 2008
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "davideastaugh"
        <davideastaugh@...> wrote:

        > Sorry to ask but but am I missing something?
        >
        > I have just bought a 1Tb new verion linkstation live the LS-CH1.0TL
        > that is supposed according to the box be fully compatible with
        Itunes
        > and the Iphone.
        >
        > Thing is after going through 70 pages of instructions (twice just
        > incase I missed it the first time) I have found no details on how to
        > link itunes or the iphone to this NAS.
        >
        > If buffalo are advertising the feature I would have expected the
        > instructions or the website at least to have something about it but
        > no...
        >
        > If I wanted to just map a drive and dump my music on it I could
        saved
        > a load of money and bought something else.
        >
        > As you might have gathered I'm less than impressed with this thing.
        >
        > If I have missed the instrucions then just tell me where and I will
        > go hang my head in shame and sit in the naughty corner....

        Hi,

        I don't know if you are missing anything in particular, but if there
        are references to dlna server, then you may want to try turning that
        on. it could be tied to the itunes server (same on switch or
        something).

        I would suggest visiting the nas-central forums, if you haven't
        already, there is a thread in there: http://buffalo.nas-
        central.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11391

        gl