Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Newbie with old linkstation

  • Garry Kelsall
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2008
      Yes, many thanks James. I sorted it in the meantime. I already flashed it with Openlink and installed Slimserver on it. Sweet.
      Gaz

      2008/6/25 James Stewart <wartstew@...>:

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "gadgetgazz" <g@...> wrote:

      > Hello, everyone. I just obtained a linkstation with the model number
      > HD-HG300LAN ... can I hack this old box with the

      > stuff you are doing with the newer Linkstations?

      > My main wish would be to run slimserver (SqueezeCenter).

      Sorry about the delayed response. I think your Linkstation is a
      Power-PC based unit (please verify that however). This means that you
      can do the most hacking with it as compared with any other models.
      Most people refer to the http://buffalo.nas-central.org site for lots
      of great information on all this. Hopefully you have discovered it by
      now and are on your way putting your HG-Lan LS to good use!