Re: Frimware flash from Pro to Live.

  • musikgoat
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27 5:41 PM
      You could do that, or you could install Twonky NAS DLNA server on your
      Live. It works much much better than the built in "Live DLNA server".

      Check out this:
      http://www.twonkyvision.com/Download/TwonkyMedia/TM4Technicians.html

      There is a readme in the zip file.
      http://www.twonkyvision.com/Download/4.4/twonkymedia-linkstation-live.zip

      Its not free, but many say its worth the price. Nice thing is the 30
      day trial.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmitrys71"
      <dmitrys71@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      >
      > I recently purchased a used LinkStation Live 500 NAS that has a
      > LinkStation Pro firmware installed. I would like to use the
      > LinkStation Live features with my DLNA player and was told that I can
      > perform the firmware flash on the unit and replace the Pro firmware to
      > the Live firmware. Can someone point to the right direction on how to
      > perform the firmware flash?
      >
      > Thanks

    • dmitrys71
      Message 2 of 3 , May 28 10:16 AM
        How different is it from the original PCAST provided by Buffalo? IS it
        faster, easier to configure, etc. It is $40.00 and I want to be sure
        before I spend the money.

        Thanks.