Frimware flash from Pro to Live.

  • dmitrys71
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2008
      Hello

      I recently purchased a used LinkStation Live 500 NAS that has a
      LinkStation Pro firmware installed. I would like to use the
      LinkStation Live features with my DLNA player and was told that I can
      perform the firmware flash on the unit and replace the Pro firmware to
      the Live firmware. Can someone point to the right direction on how to
      perform the firmware flash?

      Thanks
    • musikgoat
      Message 2 of 3 , May 27, 2008
        You could do that, or you could install Twonky NAS DLNA server on your
        Live. It works much much better than the built in "Live DLNA server".

        Check out this:
        http://www.twonkyvision.com/Download/TwonkyMedia/TM4Technicians.html

        There is a readme in the zip file.
        http://www.twonkyvision.com/Download/4.4/twonkymedia-linkstation-live.zip

        Its not free, but many say its worth the price. Nice thing is the 30
        day trial.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dmitrys71"
        <dmitrys71@...> wrote:

        > Hello
        >
        > I recently purchased a used LinkStation Live 500 NAS that has a
        > LinkStation Pro firmware installed. I would like to use the
        > LinkStation Live features with my DLNA player and was told that I can
        > perform the firmware flash on the unit and replace the Pro firmware to
        > the Live firmware. Can someone point to the right direction on how to
        > perform the firmware flash?
        >
        > Thanks

      • dmitrys71
        Message 3 of 3 , May 28, 2008
          How different is it from the original PCAST provided by Buffalo? IS it
          faster, easier to configure, etc. It is $40.00 and I want to be sure
          before I spend the money.

          Thanks.